So What Is Everyone Doing To Pass Time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Getting weaker by the day since the governor shut down all the gyms. My main fitness activity is weightlifting, and I don't have enough heavy things around the house to do workouts at home.

My gym is an "iron head" sort of gym in an industrial park. Nothing fancy. No air conditioner (sometimes they open an overhead door and point an exhaust fan outward), no mirrors (if you want form critiqued, take a video), no clocks (stay until your workout is done), no group classes of any kind (you shouldn't be there if you don't have your own program). But they do have about a dozen kinds of barbells and competition-quality equipment.

I've been bugging the owner about letting me sneak in to do some workouts. He is going to let me in to "help clean" a few times this week, so I'm pretty happy about that.

I've mostly been driving my cats nuts, working (largely from home/video but I'm 'essential' so I guess that's job security if nothing else), going on early morning toilet paper hunts and running errands for my high-risk mom, and drooling over carbon fiber fins. I justify it by reminding myself I do need some shorter fins besides my massive long fin collection...so a pair of full custom Molchanovs is totally a 'need', right?

What it is, is more money down the drain. Do you work in the government?
Fortunately, and unfortunately I don't work for anyone at the moment. Nobody to answer to, but also no paychecks coming in. Boat repairs come out of my dwindling savings.

Fortunately, and unfortunately I don't work for anyone at the moment. Nobody to answer to, but also no paychecks coming in. Boat repairs come out of my dwindling savings.

OK, I thought you had a government job the way you throw money at your boat. lol

Getting weaker by the day since the governor shut down all the gyms. My main fitness activity is weightlifting, and I don't have enough heavy things around the house to do workouts at home.

My gym is an "iron head" sort of gym in an industrial park. Nothing fancy. No air conditioner (sometimes they open an overhead door and point an exhaust fan outward), no mirrors (if you want form critiqued, take a video), no clocks (stay until your workout is done), no group classes of any kind (you shouldn't be there if you don't have your own program). But they do have about a dozen kinds of barbells and competition-quality equipment.

I've been bugging the owner about letting me sneak in to do some workouts. He is going to let me in to "help clean" a few times this week, so I'm pretty happy about that.
Really? Use your imagination....I'm lifting fire wood..riding indoors, my gym has virtual on line classes, abs and biceps workouts are easy peasy with home gadgets. I'm actually in better shape because I'm riding twice as long watching 11/2 to 2 hour movies while riding....get with it...there are no excuses:wink:

And I see your in Florida! It's still cold and raw here, but that aint stopping me.

Keep in mind my compressor is 1.8 cfm. Mine is on a Mitzi A series and I never got into GX Developer much so am still on Medoc. I only have one drain and I based drain time on temperature and humidity from an attic fan controller. If humidity is high I drain more often and if temperature is high I drain more often. My drain times are really short. I only have to bump the valve open to get the water out. I got 3 AB high pressure switches off Ebay and can switch the pressure shutoff to any of the 3 so I can auto shut off on various tanks. I did various things like a timer so if I walk away and it can't complete the tanks in a reasonable time it won't run all day. I put an oil pressure switch on so it will auto shutdown if pressure is lost. When it shuts down it quits feeding air to my CO sensor and to the output O2 sensor so the tanks won't bleed off if I'm not there. I think that is it. I haven't looked at the program for years now except a couple of years ago to raise the time on the "run too long" timer.

I hook up 3 tanks and look at the CO and O2 readings when I happen by. In 3 hours or so they are full.

wow using temp and envoromental RH. Im not looking at anything that sofisticated

so far I can not find a function in the fx1n that is a JK flipflop using set and reset signals to operate it. that would make things real easy. I can get <10 buck on off timers but I am not sure that they run on a trigger signal as opposed to a water sprinlkler type operation. I would love to have a device to trigger and it remain high for x time and auto reset. then all i have to do is program a trigger to it with a timer reset to start the process over again.

Really? Use your imagination....I'm lifting fire wood..riding indoors, my gym has virtual on line classes, abs and biceps workouts are easy peasy with home gadgets. I'm actually in better shape because I'm riding twice as long watching 11/2 to 2 hour movies while riding....get with it...there are no excuses:wink:

And I see your in Florida! It's still cold and raw here, but that aint stopping me.
I know this will draw fire but many would call (there are no excuses) an obsession

I know this will draw fire but many would call (there are no excuses) an obsession
Working out to some is an obsession...

Working out to some is an obsession...
Is ther something betweenthe lines saying that you can quit any time you want, but you dont want. You are taalking about withdrawal symptoms.

Is ther something betweenthe lines saying that you can quit any time you want, but you dont want. You are taalking about withdrawal symptoms.
No, it's a lifestyle...have you ever exercised?

Back
Top Bottom