So What Is Everyone Doing To Pass Time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you really sure you want to move to the US right now?
The Cave Sirens' calls are compelling.
Sorry guys, diving in north Florida caves. The pool is still open.
Which ones are you diving?
Thank you, after I am finally in Lake City and settled in I'll make the trip after having called ahead.
Let's go together.
I’ll have a lot more time on my hands. Just got laid off due to virus situation. Permanent, not temporary. No severance. 13.5 years at the same company.
That's brutal.
Fitness? Breaking my leg last year was horrible for my stamina and strength. Every time I start, I overdo it and/or re-injure my leg. I've been working on the homestead for the last month or so and everything is improving slowly. By everything, I mean me and the homestead. :D You can read about it here: I finally bought a house in Cave Country! W00T!!!

PSA: you only get about 2 weeks out of doing this, it goes away once you return to sea level. by training at a lower oxygen level your body produces more red blood cells to carry more oxygen, once its back at sea level, it stops making the extra red blood cells. so if you want to continue seeing the improvement, you need to keep training at altitude.

Not only that, but also a) you need more oxygen during heavy exertion -- is that not how you dive, -- and b) I have it from a couple of resident doctors that at sufficient PPO2 red blood cells don't matter anyway: metabolism switches to dissolved oxygen.

I wish I could get obsessed with working out.

Get addicted instead: exertion leads to micro-tearing in the muscle fibers, body releases endorphins to dull the pain, repeat until you get hooked. Just like heroin only legal and good for you.

IMG_20200319_145832.jpg watching tv

No facial hair as it prevents N95 mask fit. It’s a requirement of the hospital for people taking care of patients.
Thank you for working among the masses.

Another problem is I have to learn how to do the math and change my dive computer settings for altitude diving. hehehehe

View attachment 577288

View attachment 577287

View attachment 577285
Im not sure you have to change anything to do altitude diving that is what the presure you show of 690 does for you 690 is what is locked for calculations when you turn on the puter 691 is live presure and I believe the same sensor that is the depth sensor. with 690 locked in it now uses the depth setting of fresh salt or en blablabla to determine howmuch pressure equates to an atmosphere for deco calcs and depth readings depending on the rev of your firmware you can enter manually the barometric pressure or in later revisions it is done auto. I fo rget just what teh last update did to the preditor but if you have a petrel of later you should be good to go.

No, it's a lifestyle...have you ever exercised?
I will be rude and say i never got on the macho train. gyms and exercise is an addiction like anything else. clearly you are having withdrawals from the routine being missed just like a alki smoker clubber or junkie. I have some aquantences that will not go back to work when the shut down is over because it will take several days to get thier hair or nails done before they feel they can be seen in public. Others that will not answer the door with out covering thier face. most of it I put in the same catagory as vanity pampering withdrawal. I think,,, with us guys,,, it is normally called mid life crisis. geting a little gut then hit the gym so we can still look good. At some point it morphs into exactly what you called it a life style,,, another word or phrase for a life routine that all is built around. My pot belly and I are not effected by any of this shutdown stuff. I learned long long ago it is not ones demons that count but how we conquer them before they conquer us.

Macho train? Lol...its called a healthy way of life....

Look at how the current virus attacks those that have underlying issues such as obesity...I truly think more folks will be taking better care of themselves once this virus Peter's out...or I'd like to think so.

Macho train? Lol...its called a healthy way of life....

Look at how the current virus attacks those that have underlying issues such as obesity...I truly think more folks will be taking better care of themselves once this virus Peter's out...or I'd like to think so.

Unfortunately it'll probably come down to meet the morgage payment, or eat for many.

Michael

Back
Top Bottom