Closed Hollis DG-03 AI Dive Computer

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Brumbie no problem negotiating...BUT pushing a false narrative about DG03s being "ruined" due to the recall is BS. The firmware was upgraded early on and most DG03s shipped with the upgraded firmware. I have hundreds of dives on mine (and my wife's and a backup) and it's a perfectly fine "puck style" DC.

Thank you. Had I said it I would have been accused of saying anything just to sell these computers (I have two). They are perfectly good DC's they are excess to my needs. My wife quit diving, so instead of using these along side of our Perdix's, I now use her Perdix along side of my primary.

Cheers - M²

I will post photos of the actual equipment when I get home about 10PM Central Std Time

Cheers - M²

Could I get some photos? Thank you!
Here you go. I have two. A used one (a former backup) and a new one. I have posted some of both and then one of the new one, to which this thread is related. PM me if you want more info. I will give you my number so you can call. To me it's a faster way to communicate rather than posting back and forth.

Cheers - M²

Attachments

• 20200226_222854.jpg
    20200226_222854.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 77
  • 20200226_222837.jpg
    20200226_222837.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 70
  • 20200226_222530.jpg
    20200226_222530.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 75
  • 20200226_224543.jpg
    20200226_224543.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 74
Oceanic, Aeris, and Hollis were brands under the parent, American Underwater Products (AUP). Pelagic Pressure Systems (PPS) was a subsidiary of AUP, producing instrumentation. The Oceanic VT 3, the Aeris Elite T3 and the Hollis DG03 were extremely similar computers, the main difference being the VT 3 and the Elite T3 run the DSAT decompression algorithm, whereas the DG03 runs PZ+. All 3 use the PPS Transmitter FCC ID MH8A.

The Aeris brand was merged into Oceanic in 2014 and ceased. PPS was purchased by Aqua Lung in 2015 and is the basis for all their new computers running PZ+. The Aqua Lung computers use the PPS transmitters, as does Oceanic, Shearwater and Sherwood. Oceanic and Hollis were purchased from AUP by Huish in 2017.

New PPS transmitters can be purchased from Oceanic, Aqua Lung, Shearwater, and Sherwood for $350-400 and can be used on all PPS computers Are Pressure Transmitters compatible across brands?

There, that's clear :)

Back
Top Bottom