Most Expensive Rebreather in the World?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CaveSloth

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just wonder if anyone has created a rebreather that costs millions of $$$ and that Elon Musk or other billionaires use and that has some kind of amazing features that the rest of us can only dream about?

Yes, it is called a submarine.
With a pilot and beverage service...

And a suitable 300+ft yacht so you can get to dive site.

Probably a military spec one due to its anti magnetic properties and lightweight. Just my 2c

Probably a military spec one due to its anti magnetic properties and lightweight. Just my 2c

They are more expensive than what we have, but they don't really do anything that special though the MK29 is integrated with a KM helmet which is pretty nifty. Nothing "special" about the MK15/16 which are the normal CCR's they use. Yeah they have special bottles and the components are non magnetic, but they are still basic CCR's. The Exosuits etc. actually have much more interesting features about the life support system that is what I suspect @CaveSloth was talking about.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom