Apeks XTX lever height/face plate tool + service kits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Depending on my level of boredom later on I might be interested in that order too

Going to put in another order for kits and tools, I can get factory lever height tools for TX and ATX and both versions of XTX. Feel free to message me if interested. Cheers.

@buddhasummer are you able to order a specific part for a APEKS 1st stage? I have the older DST with 1/2" LP port on the turret. I would like to swap it out with the XTX DST Turret (all 3/8" lp ports) the part number is AP5103. How about 5th LP ports, can you order them as well?

Kris

@buddhasummer are you able to order a specific part for a APEKS 1st stage? I have the older DST with 1/2" LP port on the turret. I would like to swap it out with the XTX DST Turret (all 3/8" lp ports) the part number is AP5103. How about 5th LP ports, can you order them as well?

Kris

Message sent.

The “lever height” tool works terribly for someone untrained like me. If I use the tool it makes the purge button way to depressed to supply air and then it fails the free flow test. I have way better luck just making the stage leak, then back the lever off and adjust the poppet.

My local shop uses the factory tool and the lever ends up sitting way higher. So I would encourage people to buy the factory tool you are offering.
....hi thanks for your explanation; are your referiing to the aftermarket (copy) versions of the Lever Height Tool - that sets the lever too low & the the genuine Apeks works well? Or do you mean that it is just lack of experience (same as me) that makes the use of any Lever Height Tool difficult? Have you tried the Inline Adjutment Tool?

I like to tune my 2nd stages to the edge of freeflow. I found that if I use inline tool, they will freeflow once connected to hose.
Sorry, I don't understand how one is related to the other?

You said it's fine, I just give more information on tool itself.
If I use inline tool to tune my regs to edge of freeflow, since there is lower flow rate through it, regs will actually freeflow once connected to LP hose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom