Most Expensive Rebreather in the World?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the original cis luna (4 a I think )was about 40 k ........ not that pos Poseidon I think I remember hearing it cost way more than that build

Exosuit is only $600,000. Just blows me away that there is nothing more expensive than that and it is so bulky. I would have thought that rich folks would have made something better by now.

the original cis luna (4 a I think )was about 40 k ........ not that pos Poseidon I think I remember hearing it cost way more than that build

a lot of that was the electronics at the time it was made, with all of it being crazy custom. Making it today would be infinitely cheaper.

@CaveSloth that's it!

I have a CCR where I've always wondered if it was anti-magnetic. The tank seems like a standard aluminum luxfer or something though. Came with this odd tactical vest type BCD. o2 only. OMG / Castoro Italy?

An American former mine clearance diver told me his rb was milled out of solid beryllium. Now beryllium is toxic but in a solid, ultra clean state I guess it must have been safe. That would be my guess for the most expensive rb.

An American former mine clearance diver told me his rb was milled out of solid beryllium. Now beryllium is toxic but in a solid, ultra clean state I guess it must have been safe. That would be my guess for the most expensive rb.

Pretty sure he was lying to you. Or had no idea what he was diving. The exotic metal they use is inconel. Which is some pretty fantastic stuff and can apparently be 3d printed!

yes Inconel my larv has an Inconel tank my 15.5 did come with inconels but mine does not and im not into spending 2 k for a tank

Basically a space suit is
I kinda recall hearing the original cis lunar was closer to $50k when it came out. Really, really, really super nice, well made of top quality parts, and triple or quadruple redundant. No personal experience, just what I was told by old timers.

No the inconel spheres were a different topic. We discussed the toxicity of beryllium, and unless it was deliberate misinformation, there was no ambiguity. Given the toxicity, I would not expect them to appear on the surplus market. I assume they were all destroyed. FWIW, he had photos of being transported by air while in saturation, from Hawaii to the east coast for an exercise, so he is the real deal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom