Most Expensive Rebreather in the World?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did 2 short dives on one in fla when there were not many of them blew my mind at the time....I had a chance to buy one for a couple of thousand a few years ago . I really want it because .....but need to put the cash elsewhere

no Inconel still pop up once and a while , I paid 800 dollars for my lar v tank a couple years ago

Paul H still has a cis lunar Mark iv

lucky guy id love one even if it didn't work

I'm guessing one of the astronaut space suits would qualify as a rebreather and the price would be higher than the altitude. And you get climate control with that.

Beryllium is not toxic unless inhaled. In solid form, you can lick it without harm. Lots of non-sparking tools are made from it. Until you start cutting it, you're fine. Some people who have been sensitized (by inhaling it, or extended exposures to participate Beryllium) may have minor to moderate skin reactions if exposed.

A couple people mentioned it already, but the winner is space suits, hands down. Maybe I'm the only geek here who watched the NASA press conference announcing the Artemis suits live, but there's your answer.

Dual independent scrubbers that have the ability to isolate and bake themselves to regenerate the cartridge back to full capacity while you're breathing through the other scrubber. Emergency redundancy of two fully independent systems, but also able to scrub co2 as long as you've got a power source.

Probably my CCR2000 was one of the most expensive rebreathers when it came out...

An American former mine clearance diver told me his rb was milled out of solid beryllium. Now beryllium is toxic but in a solid, ultra clean state I guess it must have been safe. That would be my guess for the most expensive rb.

Berillum is a special metal which you can not buy/sell in the market without s special permission. One of my clients (bank) repossessed berilllum from bankrupted company (it was a collateral for the bank loan). They could not ell it for 5 years. Finally they received permission from US (bank was located in Lithuania) and sold it to US customer. AS fr as I know berillum is not radioactive, however, it has some features which are not good for human health. Accordingly, I doubt that rb was made from berillum.

Berillum is a special metal which you can not buy/sell in the market without s special permission. One of my clients (bank) repossessed berilllum from bankrupted company (it was a collateral for the bank loan). They could not ell it for 5 years. Finally they received permission from US (bank was located in Lithuania) and sold it to US customer. AS fr as I know berillum is not radioactive, however, it has some features which are not good for human health. Accordingly, I doubt that rb was made from berillum.

That would probably be the Emerson rebreather he was referring to.

Back
Top Bottom