Will COZ close it’s borders?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

[Suggest moving discussion on this specific item to the "Port Closed" thread for continuity.]
Just copy it there for redundancy.

Will the fishermen be included in the closure or is it written to the tourism industry?

I was speculating on this in the "Port Closed" thread. The language in the notice specifically lists tourism, recreation, and sport boats. Is it your experience that this is interpreted as "all boat traffic"?

[Suggest moving discussion on this specific item to the "Port Closed" thread for continuity.]

Please read the bold print on the article.
En el caso de las Islas (Holbox, Isla Mujeres y Cozumel) sólo permanecerá en operación las embarcaciones de ruta y las de carga.

In the case of the Islands (Holbox, Isla Mujeres and Cozumel) only the route and cargo vessels will remain in operation."

Will the fishermen be included in the closure or is it written to the tourism industry?

Again, this is an order from the Navy - not the port captain and it's for the entire COUNTRY. That should say it all. (I edited this because I did not notice that the Navy order was addressed to ALL captains. This is an order according to Maritime law from the Navy.

Todas las Capitanias de Puerto del Pais.

I think you should leave the announcement here. Since there have been 20 pages of discussion and this is directly related to the subject matter. Thanks!

:eek::mad:

cabo-rona.jpg

Stupid rich kids.

We were all young and stupid. When I attended UT, didn't have the money for Spring Break.

Living in Wimberley, I stay away from Austin and San Marcos due to their large college populations.

When I attended UT, didn't have the money for Spring Break.

When I went to UT I was not so young; I was in my mid 30's with a wife and kid and paying for it myself. When Spring Break came around, I spent it in the library.

Back
Top Bottom