What do you drive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love all of these responses! Depending on where you live, your lifestyle and what your needs are- there is probably a hundred best choices! What has worked best for me these last number of years has been a Honda CR-V. Exceptional luggage space for up to 3-4 cold water divers. Great gas mileage, fun to drive when not diving and amazing price point for what you get. I currently own two of them. 2018 and 2019 EX-L All wheel drives. One for me and one for Mrs.Trailboss. We couldn't be happjer. Have had Honda Cr-V's since 2014.

IMG_20191221_174903.jpg

My dive vehicle :)

A 16 y old Alfa Romeo 156 with +200k km and which has to stay for another year, max 2 years.
Hell to go out on a dive with this car (box with gear goes on the back seat (barely fits :mad:), cilinder with changing mat etc in the boot.
Need I to say I’m already looking forward trading this one in for (one of) my dream car(s). That is if savings go as planned :rolleyes:
09D2A351-C829-4A74-84E6-8F24CCDE5A01.jpeg

I switch between a Toyota Rav4 & a Subaru Impreza. Both great dive vehicles. My buddy has a Toyota Sienna which is also great.

Well for me the ocean is 3 hours away and I went every week, my preferred dive vehicle is my wife’s old Toyota Prius, it easier to load and dive from the BAT (big ass truck) the quad cab ram 3/4 ton but the BAT gets 15 mpg and the Prius 42 mpg and holds all the crap needed for two cold water drysuit divers.

Not at all practical, but fun locally

B70RVOm.jpg

On a more practical note, I've been using my wife's 2003 Chrysler T&C....as long as it doesn't break down it's perfect!

I tend to buy quality and hang on to it.

I figure car dealers are way better at making deals than I am, so I make as few vehicle transactions as I can.

I drive a 2003 F-150 Super Crew Lariat, which I purchased new. It's about to go over 250,000 miles. Repaired the cracked leather in the driver seat as a birthday present to myself two years ago. Just spent two grand replacing a bunch of underbody stuff, so I'm committed to keeping it at least another year or two.

Coming up on 14 years since my last car payment. I'd rather pay a mechanic once every year or so than a finance company every month.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom