Sending $$ to Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My transaction was completed overnight. I sent it late last night & my friend picked it up today at Electra. I think it usually happens same day if you send it in the daytime. As I had sent $ to her before, it went very smoothly - did the whole thing on my phone.

One of my Facebook friends posted an article promoting the practice of buying plenty of gift cards from various restaurants and shops for future use. Has anybody had experience with this in Cozumel?

One of my Facebook friends posted an article promoting the practice of buying plenty of gift cards from various restaurants and shops for future use. Has anybody had experience with this in Cozumel?

We contacted Crazy King Burritos and they don't seem to have gift cards yet but are considering it. I suppose it could have some drawbacks when everyone finally shows up and actually uses the gift cards and they don't have any income until they are used up. I'm not one to pay to advertize for companies but I'll make an exception in this case--I'm going to ask if I can buy a couple of T-shirts now and pick them up when we get there.

We contacted Crazy King Burritos and they don't seem to have gift cards yet but are considering it. I suppose it could have some drawbacks when everyone finally shows up and actually uses the gift cards and they don't have any income until they are used up. I'm not one to pay to advertize for companies but I'll make an exception in this case--I'm going to ask if I can buy a couple of T-shirts now and pick them up when we get there.

K'ooben Laab is selling them. I bought one for my roommates in Cozumel and they've been eating pretty good so far.

Dear K'ooben Laab's friends near and far, the K'ooben Familia needs your HELP!
We are about to face a very diffult time, but we are more than determined to face it with the POSITIVE ACTITUDE which characterizes us.☕
Our goal is that all our employees keep their job and, if needed at some point, they can stay safe home taking care of their families.
This is the reason why, if you have the chance, we ask you to BUY A DINNER, CAKE OR BREAD BONUS CARD, which you will be able to use when all this ends and you'll come back to enjoy our slice of Paradise!
We activated a PAYPAL Account koobenlaabcoz@gmail.com
where we can receive the payments, and in exchange you will receive the picture of a GIFT CARD valid for the amount you send. We really hope from the bottom of our hearts to be able to cook for you at K'ooben Laab very soon!
A virtual hug to everyone!
Stay safe

kooben-laab-GC.jpg

Rotarty International is accepting donations via PayPal for a local food drive. I'm not a member of Rotary, but I know some good people who are. Having a well known, international organization associated with the effort may give prospective donors a bit more comfort. Details on the Club Rotario Cozumel Facebook page.

I know a lot of businesses and restaurants around me are offering discounts on future services at a discount. This is helping in their cash flow now in order to survive. This can help out everyone. Are any restaurants or dive companies offering any discounted coupons?

Cozumel4You has posted a page of charities that are helping people on the island and invites all to donate. Includes a Food Bank.

Assist Island Cozumel - Cozumel 4 You

On their web page dated March 26 it says " To date, in the last 3 weeks, we’ve raised over $1000 dollars."

I sure hope that is not up-to-date. They say their food bank needs to feed 8000 families. That could easily be 40,000 people or more.

I'm not seeing a highly visible link on the Food Bank page. We donated directly to: Rhondapenzell@gmail.com via PayPal.

It looks like the Humane Society is in desperate need too!

K'ooben Laab is selling them. I bought one for my roommates in Cozumel and they've been eating pretty good so far.
View attachment 578670

When we stayed near Av 30 we always turned on one of the N streets heading to Centro so we've probably never gone past K'ooben Laab. What kind of a place (restaurant) is it? You seem to be a regular there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom