So What Is Everyone Doing To Pass Time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not here, where I live the Mormon missionaries are everywhere, and their other church groups keep going house to house to 'check on people' but got insulted when my high risk mom wouldn't come to the door. She's not even part of their church.

I always take my pants off to answer the door when they knock.

Not here, where I live the Mormon missionaries are everywhere, and their other church groups keep going house to house to 'check on people' but got insulted when my high risk mom wouldn't come to the door. She's not even part of their church.
That's funny.... going house to house during social distancing to check on people...

That's funny.... going house to house during social distancing to check on people...

They tried to give her a plate of homemade cookies too. Obviously she wouldn't accept them - she's super high risk so nothing like that gets to go in the door if she can't sanitize it. They didn't understand any of it.

Add the fact that the work computer is too easily available, and I may actually be putting more hours in right now than I normally did before this manure hit the rotating ventilation device.

I agree. It’s hard to know when work starts and stops. I’m also finding my coworkers are working a bit later which drags out my day too

Resume finished, eyeballed by a couple of folks for spelling and such, and sent off to recruiter. Got my last paycheck today. More than I expected. Enabled me to cover everything through the end of May, with a tidy sum left over that allows me to dive at the local quarry when they reopen in early May.

I know we've got several other folks here out of work. If you need help with your resume, this resume building website was a HUGE help. I'd not done one in years. They charge you $2.45 for 14 day access in order to download your resume, but if you truly need help, that's a bargain. www.resume-now.com

Not trying to intrude into your personal life or overstep. But Illinoisjoblink.com is a great website. I might end up getting laid off and I posted my resume there and have already recieved a few calls and emails from recruiters.

Not trying to intrude into your personal life or overstep. But Illinoisjoblink.com is a great website. I might end up getting laid off and I posted my resume there and have already recieved a few calls and emails from recruiters.

I’m already registered there. You have to register there in order to get unemployment. I also had a long conversation with a second recruiter today.

Widespread mask usage by non-medical personnel isn't about protecting the wearer, but protecting everyone else from wearers droplets.

Quite. Problem is, it doesn't seem to me that everyone understands that

I've been touting this (don't wear a mask unless you're sick) for days, and now I read this in the NY Times

"Should healthy people be wearing masks when they’re outside to protect themselves and others?

Both the World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have repeatedly said that ordinary citizens do not need to wear masks unless they are sick and coughing. And as health care workers around the world face shortages of N95 masks and protective gear, public health officials have warned people not to hoard masks.

But those official guidelines may be shifting.

On Monday during the coronavirus task force briefing, President Trump was asked whether Americans should wear nonmedical masks. “That’s certainly something we could discuss,” he said. “It could be something like that for a limited period of time.”

Dr. Robert Redfield, the director of the C.D.C., confirmed in an interview with WABE in Atlanta, a National Public Radio member station, on Monday that the agency was reviewing its guidelines on who should wear masks. Citing new data that shows high rates of transmission from people who are infected but show no symptoms, he said the guidance on mask wearing was “being critically re-reviewed, to see if there’s potential additional value for individuals that are infected or individuals that may be asymptomatically infected.”
C.D.C. Weighs Advising Everyone to Wear a Mask

One of the biggest challenges of this whole pandemic is the race to put out information, and that information is constantly and rapidly evolving so what is right, right now may be wrong in five minutes

Re: masks

I was at Walmart today (out for the first time in a week) and an old guy was wearing a mask, but it was only covering his mouth. Nose was just hangin' out. :facepalm:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom