The New Dive Rite Optima CM - My 30 Hour Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is the problem.

CE marking indicates that a product has been assessed by the manufacturer and deemed to meet EU safety, health and environmental protection requirements.

We have U.L. listing in this country and the lesser and in my opinion easier to get certified is the ETL. Both pay to play private companies that only give the testing criteria and results to the company paying for the testing.

3rd party certification is a sham!!!

Next someone will say Consumer Reports is not a bias company either. :hmmm:

Jale...

CFO...and manual inflation...

W...
You know I know (and you mean "manual injection")
Just to say that you can make a leaky valve with one intake "à la KISS" or with two intakes like hygrogom and Triton.
Has this diference in design a pertinence to standards? No idea...

No there's no public list of CE anything. Nor any requirement to actually publish your results.

In fact there's a whole fraudulent industry behind CE and a "competing" mark which is intentionally ambiguous. That's the Chinese export version of CE
How To Distinguish A Real CE Mark From A Fake Chinese Export Mark

There are CE cylinders mysteriously certified by some guy in an apartment in (?) Sweden, that were sold for years by Sortis for instance.

The whole problem with CE is that 1) its stupid expensive, 2) its not a public process at all, 3) people put a whole lot of faith in it's validity which makes it a valuable thing. So consequently there's a ton of fraud around CE. In part because its a crazy, expensive, proprietary process that pretty much couldn't be more ripe for fraud.

Totally agreed.

Has the “notified body” ever attempted to clarify its standards or make its certification process more transparent?

Holy thread-jacking! Can somebody please spin off the debate on the triton and CE conspiracy’s.

it would be nice to stay somewhere close to a discussion about the O2ptimaCM.

I don’t think discussing CCR performance standards regarding a new CCR is a hijack. The minutiae of CE is annoying, but since there is no other alternative to CE, it’s standards and process are bound to be debated...

This is the problem.

CE marking indicates that a product has been assessed by the manufacturer and deemed to meet EU safety, health and environmental protection requirements.

Can you provide any supporting data to back this up as it entirely contradicts the CE process.

Did you read the
Do you need an independent assessment?
Section??? There a reason ISC, JJ and all the other manufacturers each wasted approximately €500,000 each testing with a notified body to ensure their unit conformed to this standard.

It's not $500k.

Jale...

M3S-SAS calls it manual inflation...if we're going to be ''Manufacturer terminology specific''...as some here feel is so important...it's manual inflation...

Like...is it ''Extended Range''...as defined by TDI...or ''extending ones range''...with more gas volume...I was raked for this for two days...

W...

Back
Top Bottom