US divers - maybe more local diving due to the CV?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When the country opens back up I intend on trips to southern California to dive with my older brothers son, southern Florida to dive with my Brother in laws sons, Florida Panhandle to dive with friends and of course around Texas diving with friends and family.

:wink:yeah they seem too over time ..I think it has to do with humidity

No. Not unless you have a friend in Florida who is familiar with the diving and can guide you. Otherwise you'll probably just end up in Key Largo on a cattle boat.
There’s not somewhere a list of nice dive shops which are organising dives in smaller groups ?

Most of my diving is local diving in Massachusetts so that won’t change. I do plan on adding a few more trips around the country though. I was supposed to dive in the 1,000 Islands later this month but that trip is postponed for now. Probably a trip to NC or FL will be in order as well.

This is primarily for divers in the US -

If international travel is still very limited, but you can travel within the US, do any of you vacation divers think you might take up more local/US diving? AKA - if you've gone to Coz, would you do Florida if you can't get out of the country? Or would you take a dip in your local quarry or lake?

I guess it comes down to: do you want to dive at all costs or if you can't get to warm water, you just won't dive?

I'll definitely be keeping my eyes open this season to see if there are more Great Lakes virgins because they can't dive elsewhere. It's a lot easier diving if you can just drive there, especially under these conditions.

EDIT: I am not talking about this weekend. I'm talking summer.
GREAT SUBJECT!
Yeah, I’d love to see more divers start diving local and get involved in the local scene. We need the participation.

Oh come on Barb, there’s great diving both North and South of you. Drive up to Sonoma County, it’s great?

I don’t care for the diving in California. I’ve dived the Channel Islands, Catalina Island, Monterey and Point Lobos, Coronados Islands, San Diego, Sonoma Coast....“Great” is in the eye of the beholder. I don’t find it great. Given this, I pretty much only dive when I go away. My idea of “great” is Raja Ampat or something in the coral triangle and even in the Red Sea; there’s nothing in the Caribbean and definitely not local. Besides, @Marie13 ’s question was quite clear. She asked vacation divers what our take is.....“If international travel is still very limited, but you can travel within the US, do any of you vacation divers think you might take up more local/US diving? AKA - if you've gone to Coz, would you do Florida if you can't get out of the country? Or would you take a dip in your local quarry or lake?

I guess it comes down to: do you want to dive at all costs or if you can't get to warm water, you just won't dive?”

That’s my honest answer. I can’t be bothered given the effort to get there, the logistics, and the cleanup given the “reward”, or lack thereof for me. It’s subjective. Others love it and it’s fine.

I don’t care for the diving in California. I’ve dived the Channel Islands, Catalina Island, Monterey and Point Lobos, Coronados Islands, San Diego, Sonoma Coast....“Great” is in the eye of the beholder. I don’t find it great. Given this, I pretty much only dive when I go away. My idea of “great” is Raja Ampat or something in the coral triangle and even in the Red Sea; there’s nothing in the Caribbean and definitely not local. Besides, @Marie13 ’s question was quite clear. She asked vacation divers what our take is.....“If international travel is still very limited, but you can travel within the US, do any of you vacation divers think you might take up more local/US diving? AKA - if you've gone to Coz, would you do Florida if you can't get out of the country? Or would you take a dip in your local quarry or lake?

I guess it comes down to: do you want to dive at all costs or if you can't get to warm water, you just won't dive?”

That’s my honest answer. I can’t be bothered given the effort to get there, the logistics, and the cleanup given the “reward”, or lack thereof for me. It’s subjective. Others love it and it’s fine.
Ok then,
I guess I got told.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom