The New Dive Rite Optima CM - My 30 Hour Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You know I know (and you mean "manual injection")
Just to say that you can make a leaky valve with one intake "à la KISS" or with two intakes like hygrogom and Triton.
Has this diference in design a pertinence to standards? No idea...

Jale...

It's European CE EN:14143:20130 - 100 m...certified...and because of this...the cylinder is not DOT/TC certified...the cylinder valve/first stage fitting...are M-26...and not DIN...

If you intend to use the Triton in NA...and unless you intend to use adapters...and trans-fill the oxygen cylinder yourself...you will have to change the first stage fitting to DIN...and use a DOT/TC certified cylinder with DIN valve...these conversions can be easily made...

By doing this you would automatically void the CE certification...

W...

It's not $500k.
Yeah, I've always "heard" CE testing was between $5k - $50k, depending on what is being tested. Never once heard anyone say it was inexpensive on any level. I have heard several times that any change or modifications to a CCR by the manufacturer requires a costly recertification of the entire unit which is why we dont see constant "improvements".

Did you read the
Do you need an independent assessment?
Section??? There a reason ISC, JJ and all the other manufacturers each wasted approximately €500,000 each testing with a notified body to ensure their unit conformed to this standard.

And yet there are units with identical features that can't get CE. Mysteriously, the units that struggle to get CE are made outside the EU, while identical features that are somehow a barrier to CE for USA made units are approved when made in an EU country. Calling EN:14143 objective is a myth. I wouldn't blame diverite in the slightest if they gave CE the big middle finger.

PS - Having 2 hoses to a leaky valve meeting CE, but one hose does not is just stupid.

And yet there are units with identical features that can't get CE. Mysteriously, the units that struggle to get CE are made outside the EU, while identical features that are somehow a barrier to CE for USA made units are approved when made in an EU country. Calling EN:14143 objective is a myth. I wouldn't blame diverite in the slightest if they gave CE the big middle finger.

PS - Having 2 hoses to a leaky valve meeting CE, but one hose does not is just stupid.

RJ...

Any way you want to look at it...RD/approvals/acceptance/fabrication/instruction...and on and on...and finally getting a rebreather in the field is a mega $$$$ adventure...and it's caused the eventual closing of more companies than it has ever made wealthy...

I suppose in the two oxygen hose case...two hoses gets you approved...one hose doesn't...as a manufacturer if that's the case...there is no choice...

W...

Jale...

M3S-SAS calls it manual inflation...if we're going to be ''Manufacturer terminology specific''...as some here feel is so important...it's manual inflation...

Like...is it ''Extended Range''...as defined by TDI...or ''extending ones range''...with more gas volume...I was raked for this for two days...

W...
I don't know where you saw "manual inflation" as in the manuals it is refered as "injection" (English and French manuals p5).
Sorry I don't know what you are talking about the TDI reference...

Jale...

It's European CE EN:14143:20130 - 100 m...certified...and because of this...the cylinder is not DOT/TC certified...the cylinder valve/first stage fitting...are M-28...and not DIN...

If you intend to use the Triton in NA...and unless you intend to use adapters...and trans-fill the oxygen cylinder yourself...you will have to change the first stage fitting to DIN...and use a DOT/TC certified cylinder with DIN valve...these conversions can be easily made...

By doing this you would automatically void the CE certification...

W...
Yes we all know that. Let me tell you also that in Europe, it is not M28 but M26.

This was pure speculation from my part...I have absolutely no idea if it is correct.

Back
Top Bottom