Hope Page inspired double hose mouthpiece

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For functional in water pieces, I use 100% infill ABS. I have room temp. vapor smoothed before, but don't have a good setup for it at the moment. I'm going to start with sanding, and go from there.
If you really want a good part, sand what you have, then pull a silicone mold off of it and use a casting resin to make a homogeneous part.

If you really want a good part, sand what you have, then pull a silicone mold off of it and use a casting resin to make a homogeneous part.
I would love too... but mold making is outside my current skill set! So far I'm getting pretty good results with an FDM Printer... and it's a cheap way to iterate the design.

Keep the constructive criticism coming... I truly appreciate all the input.

James

I would think one of the more useful things about this HP is the ability to easily open up the system to dry the hoses, combine the threaded ends to a DSV and you would have something worth having.

In addition to the mouthpiece, I've added thumb screws from VDH to the other end. I completely remove the hoses from my regs after the last dive. It just makes getting all the water out of a corrugated hose a simple affair.

I would love too... but mold making is outside my current skill set! So far I'm getting pretty good results with an FDM Printer... and it's a cheap way to iterate the design.

Keep the constructive criticism coming... I truly appreciate all the input.

James
Silicone molds are incredibly easy to do. If you like tinkering, you'd get a hang of it very quickly.

Silicone molds are incredibly easy to do. If you like tinkering, you'd get a hang of it very quickly.
What I want to do, and how many hobbies I can have without my wife murdering me, are two separate things!
I'll probably get there... just too many irons in the fire right now.

Well, water ingress was definately a combination issue. The layer lines when I print at .3mm layer height are deep enough to allow water seepage, barring excessive post processing. At .2, I still get some seepage, but it turns out a softer mouthpiece (an aqualung mouthpiece off of a micron) seals nicely. I also decided the main barrel of it needed thicker walls (I may have broke one in the decision making process!). So a fresh print, and I will try vapor smoothing next... see if I can't get it to seal with the cheap, stiffer, mouthpiece I had been trying.
The saga continues......

Well, water ingress was definately a combination issue. The layer lines when I print at .3mm layer height are deep enough to allow water seepage, barring excessive post processing. At .2, I still get some seepage, but it turns out a softer mouthpiece (an aqualung mouthpiece off of a micron) seals nicely. I also decided the main barrel of it needed thicker walls (I may have broke one in the decision making process!). So a fresh print, and I will try vapor smoothing next... see if I can't get it to seal with the cheap, stiffer, mouthpiece I had been trying.
The saga continues......

Teflon tape?

Teflon tape?
If it was a threaded seal issue, I'd tape it in a heartbeat. I don't know that I could get teflon tape to stay put while I slide the mouthpiece onto it's flange, though!

On the bright side, the current version of the body is "only" a 4 hour print..... "only," lol.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom