Si-Tech Silicon Seals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wheatondiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
It looks like it is time to replace the Si-Tech silicon seals on my White's Fusion drysuit. It looks like I purchased the suit in 2011. I believe I have only replaced the neck seal once in the past. I upgraded to dry gloves a few years ago. The only maintance has been hosing off the suit after diving either the freshwater quarry or brackish river. The dry completely and store either hanging if the dives are close together or in the bag.

Should I use talc on the seals before and after? Is there a seal saver for silicon seals that will make them last longer? Any other tips?

Talc is fine. That's what I use on mine. No seal saver type stuff necessary. Seal Saver is no longer made, in any case.

They last forever or until they rip, if you trim they will rip sooner, if you talc they will take longer to rip.

You can spray them with 303 aerospace protectant but talking them after use once the suit is dry will help protect the silicone seals and reduce the need to talk them before donning.

303 is also good for latex seals.

-Z

I never used any talc or a little soapy spray on mine and got some decent life out of the seals. If you've gone from 2011 with the same wrist seals, I'm betting you got your money's worth! Seems what you're doing now works fine.

I never used any talc or a little soapy spray on mine and got some decent life out of the seals. If you've gone from 2011 with the same wrist seals, I'm betting you got your money's worth! Seems what you're doing now works fine.

I don't disagree with your sentiment but replacement silicone seals are double the cost in the US than they are here in western Europe. If I were living back stateside, I would want them to last as long as possible.

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom