So What Is Everyone Doing To Pass Time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not that brand but yes, been eating a lot of sunflower seeds also. Takes a while to get the "one handed" technique but I got it pretty wired now. This is the brand I find here in Russia. It looks, by the fire in the picture, that they're spicy hot. But they're not at all.
upload_2020-4-8_6-28-29.jpeg

Right now I'm sitting on a liveaboard in Indonesia. By myself. Never had a ratio of 4 dive guides per diver. Not used to so much attention. But man, getting great pics as the guides are all competing for tips!
:yeahbaby::stirpot::crafty::rofl3:

Due to my job, I am not allowed to trade actively my own money :)
But yes I’ll be accumulating slowly.
Out of personally curiosity, what securities are you looking at ?

Tech Stocks, AUD$ as was historically at its lowest ever point against the US$ could not help myself than to dump a lot of my US$ into A$... an airline stock that went from $7 to just above $2.10 when I bought but then shot up to over 3.25 I think a lot of people will buy play stations and xboxes.... also a lot of people will work from home as some of my clients already do meaning they have to use work authorized PC's.... so my intuition is that tech stocks like AMD Nvidia Intel will be good long term.

Bank shares are also low so if you look long term people will still need money.

I am not a financial adviser so don't take my opinions as such.

I have clients that have normally 50 - 150 traders in their offices now with very few live events to trade on, they are so desperate for live sports they are even trading Taiwan Junior high school baseball. I have many clients in Manila that operate from the same building which is over 50 floors.... however Manila is in lock down, some companies do not allow their staff to trade outside of the office.. a few have requested I shifted some content to AWS cloud streaming for special access for home work. Not something I would normally allow.. Japan just went to state of emergency shutting down their baseball pre season which was still being played until yesterday and traded on in Asia and Europe UK.... my clients are world wide and the company I own normally operates 24 hours day 365 days a year.... now it's no work to do.

We also provide channels for rebroadcast to a client in the USA for Asian language channels and they are increasing their customer base as people are staying at home as well. These are strange times when some companies will actually do better and the majority will not. Been through it with Sars in 2003 and the financial crash in 2008. My company managed to survive when our competitors did not. I expect many in play live sports trading companies will not survive. This is gong to be a tough next 6 months for many people and companies. My son is still employed as he is a lawyer for an international bank so he is safe ( working from home as well ) in his employment, his wife was stood down as she works for a 5 star hotel group.

GENIUS OFFICE.jpeg

This is the brand I find here in Russia. It looks, by the fire in the picture, that they're spicy hot. But they're not at all.

Chinese ones are spiced. They are way more addictive that Russian ones, at least all Russian ones I've ever tried.

Of course here in Murka it is more or less the same price and availability. Back in Ukraine you had to go to the one Asian store and pay the American price for the Chinese version -- quite unlike the local varieties.

I was supposed to be on the MV FeBrina in PNG mid 2021. Knowing that they are going to be scrambling to rebook all the cancelled trips all through this coming year, I agreed to wait until 2022 to book. They were so appreciative they made it easy to be inboard for a full 30 days straight!!

The FeBrina has always been my boat of choice in all my trips to PNG.

Now, I just have to avoid dying of Covid before then!

Tech Stocks, AUD$ as was historically at its lowest ever point against the US$ could not help myself than to dump a lot of my US$ into A$... an airline stock that went from $7 to just above $2.10 when I bought but then shot up to over 3.25 I think a lot of people will buy play stations and xboxes.... also a lot of people will work from home as some of my clients already do meaning they have to use work authorized PC's.... so my intuition is that tech stocks like AMD Nvidia Intel will be good long term.

Bank shares are also low so if you look long term people will still need money.

I am not a financial adviser so don't take my opinions as such.

I have clients that have normally 50 - 150 traders in their offices now with very few live events to trade on, they are so desperate for live sports they are even trading Taiwan Junior high school baseball. I have many clients in Manila that operate from the same building which is over 50 floors.... however Manila is in lock down, some companies do not allow their staff to trade outside of the office.. a few have requested I shifted some content to AWS cloud streaming for special access for home work. Not something I would normally allow.. Japan just went to state of emergency shutting down their baseball pre season which was still being played until yesterday and traded on in Asia and Europe UK.... my clients are world wide and the company I own normally operates 24 hours day 365 days a year.... now it's no work to do.

We also provide channels for rebroadcast to a client in the USA for Asian language channels and they are increasing their customer base as people are staying at home as well. These are strange times when some companies will actually do better and the majority will not. Been through it with Sars in 2003 and the financial crash in 2008. My company managed to survive when our competitors did not. I expect many in play live sports trading companies will not survive. This is gong to be a tough next 6 months for many people and companies. My son is still employed as he is a lawyer for an international bank so he is safe ( working from home as well ) in his employment, his wife was stood down as she works for a 5 star hotel group.

View attachment 579228

That is interesting.

I will be also adding, but slowly, to cloud based tech stocks. I think brick and mortar retail will continue to suffer during the lockdown and when the lockdown will stop I think that there will be a realisation that more things can be done remotely.

Right now I'm sitting on a liveaboard in Indonesia. By myself. Never had a ratio of 4 dive guides per diver. Not used to so much attention. But man, getting great pics as the guides are all competing for tips!
:yeahbaby::stirpot::crafty::rofl3:

Which one!?

I was supposed to be on the MV FeBrina in PNG mid 2021. Knowing that they are going to be scrambling to rebook all the cancelled trips all through this coming year, I agreed to wait until 2022 to book. They were so appreciative they made it easy to be inboard for a full 30 days straight!!

The FeBrina has always been my boat of choice in all my trips to PNG.

Now, I just have to avoid dying of Covid before then!

:eek::eek:

Why why why would you put off your trip?

I mean, that's really really thoughtful but wow

That is interesting.

I will be also adding, but slowly, to cloud based tech stocks. I think brick and mortar retail will continue to suffer during the lockdown and when the lockdown will stop I think that there will be a realisation that more things can be done remotely.

In London look at the historical share prices of companies like HSBC.... bank shares are way down but sure to rebound long term. I'm not looking to be a day trader.

In London look at the historical share prices of companies like HSBC.... bank shares are way down but sure to rebound long term. I'm not looking to be a day trader.
Yes you have to be careful to choose the right stock for banks because some of them have large market/trading activities.

In my case, I don’t invest in the financial sector because my job provides already a very large exposure to it. :)

Back
Top Bottom