Cancelled/postponed trips due to COVID - please share your outcomes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi, everyone. I have an update.

Our half charter contract is with the agency we booked with and the agency then has a contract with Wallacea. According to our agent's agreement with Wallacea, Wallacea is not under any obligation to issue any refunds, etc. to the agency but given the situation at hand and our agent's persistence :heart:, were finally able to come up with a resolution that was acceptable and fair for all parties involved.

That’s good to hear. But ... not a pleasant ordeal to go through. For me, that’s enough to have them on my ‘avoid’ list.

My rescheduled May Tubbataha trip might be more complicated than I first thought. No names mentioned yet ...

I should be sitting in the airport on Roatan sorting through pictures and talking about what a great time it was. Yea, that didn’t happen.
What Coco View did do for our group is allow us to rebook through 2022 without any fees. I was okay with that.
Weeks before they were allowing refunds to medical personnel only, but when the country closed boarders that changed.
Since the airlines cancelled the trip we of course received a full refund. Thanks AA.
I have to give kudos to Delta. We had a flight from SLC to LAX and they even refunded those tickets, even though they didn’t have to do anything for us.
Looks like April 2022 we’ll try this again.

I was due to be aboard the MV FeBrina for 20 days in PNG in 2021. Walindi and the FeBrina will need that whole year rescheduling all the crazy cancelled trips. I agreed to postpone rescheduling until 2022, because Max at Walindi and Alan onboard the FeBrina are good friends. As a reward for uncomplicating their bookings, I will now be aboard for 30 DAYS!

WOOHOO! All I have to do is wait.........

Update to our cancelled trip to Cambodia/Thailand: Etihad has agreed to refund the airmiles my husband used for his ticket.

Our next planned trip is Bali/Komodo/Alor in July/August, I'm still crossing my fingers for this trip, but I know it might not happen. Only booked accomodation in Bali and can cancel without penalty, but paid 50% for our LOB in Komodo (full boat charter), they've send me this regarding cancelling: If they can resell our trip we get 100% of our deposit back (2250 US$), if not it's unclear, as it says: "deposit is forfeit, but we will offset your deposit against a future booking within 1 year of cancelation. IE if you enquire to travel with us again your lost deposit will have been noted and we will try to offer a discount price or added value to future booking (an extra day for free maybe or upgrade or overall discount) or even full deposit paid depending on the options that work best at the time"

Alor divers is alowing rescheduling until end of 2021, with only paying the price difference between 2020 and 2021, so that's fine by me.

Etihad has agreed to refund the airmiles my husband used for his ticket.

Alor divers is alowing rescheduling until end of 2021, with only paying the price difference between 2020 and 2021, so that's fine by me.

Maldives trip foreseen on May 2nd :

Etihad refuses any direct change or refund, it must be regulated through travel agency (ongoing)

LoB reschedule from nov 2020 to apr 2021 if cabins availables, paying the price difference + 10 % fee of the original price is lost, because the boat owner wants to be paid, even if the boat is empty in may....

. Do you think that a collective action of all the people concerned could have an impact and make them change their decision? Sorry if my English is not very correct.
Kind regards to all of you

My guess they will open a new company fronting new faces to make the bookings for the coming seasons that they might lose as a result of any collective action.

P

I was booked through LDS at the Atlantis resorts in PG and Dumaguette April 24 to May 6. They initially did a reschedule first until next year same dates, and then changed it at the request of LDS to Nov 2020 because of a conflict. Flights were also changed with no fee (Cathay I believe).

I didn’t personally make these arrangements but the group leader gave the impression it as pretty easy. This is my second trip with Atlantis and they seem like a first rate place to deal with, I know my first visit couldn’t have been better.

I received a text message from Orbitz two days ago telling me my flight from Colorado Springs to Manila on May 24th has been canceled and I would be receiving a voucher for the whole price. A email is to arrive soon detailing the limits of the voucher. If the limit of the voucher makes it only good from one year from the time of purchase (like some airlines) then the voucher is of no use to me and will call Orbitz and ask for a refund as mandated that I'm entitled to per DOT's recent directive to all airlines operating within or to and from the United States. If like United airlines which as extended the time to use their vouchers out to two years I'll accept the voucher and be able to use it at a later time. I received a voucher from United for my canceled trip to Cozumel this month and hopefully will be able to use it for another trip there whenever this pandemic blows over. As far as my live aboard trip in the Philippines to Tubbataha at the end of May I'm still waiting to hear back from Liveaboard.com who said they would look into a full refund or a 100% voucher for next year. I have about a week to be able to still cancel the trip and receive a 50% refund per their cancellation policy which I may still do if I don't hear from them soon---Stella Maris liveaboard owned by All Star Liveaboards.

Back
Top Bottom