Old Cozumel Trip Reports and Pictures. Part 10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

".....This wasn't happening to me! This was a bad dream, a nightmare! The opportunity of a lifetime, an under water encounter with wild dolphins in Cozumel of all places, and I didn't have a camera with me...."

This reminded me of a (very) peripherally related story. I was working for Micheles Dive Shop on Salas y 5th (now the OXO store as I understand :().
I had a young married couple doing their PADI advanced cert, and we went out on the boat with a group of fun-loving middle-aged ladies doing the regular 2-tank boat trip.
I was at the front of the boat giving the couple some basic tips for taking their first underwater photos (just a handful of basic tips that could make all the difference in getting a few half-decent, first-effort pics, instead of a handful of total junk.)
I noticed that the group of ladies had tuned into my little talk with the young couple, so I included them in, since a couple of them had little cameras with them, as well.
The final tip I gave, was to resist the temptation shoot every single shot you had in the roll, because you never know what might show up late in the dive, and at the very least, it's nice to be able to get a couple top-side photos of everyone on the boat, or the distant shore, if only for a little variety.
Well, during the surface interval, a couple of the ladies with the cameras, confessed that they got carried away, and ran through all their film.
I jokingly chastised them, telling them they could've easily ended up missing a great photo opportunity, and then said, "for example, we were on a dive here once, and one of the divers had a camera, but shot up all their film during the dive. And while we were all floating together at the safety stop, all of a sudden, we got circled............by a twin-headed, albino sea turtle !!!!!
They all gasped in shock, almost yelling, "WHAT?? No way !! That's incredible!! And you guys were out of film??"
I then cracked up laughing, and hollered at the captain to head to the 2nd dive, at which point everyone else busted out laughing too because they knew then it was a gag.
For the rest of that week, when that group would come into the dive shop, someone would ask them, "hey, you guys run into any twin-headed albino sea turtles lately?" :D

Something that once didn't happen to me because I didn't have a camera was an eagle ray passing me in the deep blue over Colombia Deep where its left wingtip came within about a foot of my face.

(quote) "No picture? It didn't happen! :) "

That's what I saw saying, it didn't actually happen.....I was pulling their leg ! :D

That's what I saw saying, it didn't actually happen.....I was pulling their leg ! :D
I think we figured that out. :D

Gotta love the idea of 3 weeks diving everyday....especially right now!
THANK YOU for sharing your talent of capturing underwater Cozumel at its finest!
Blessings for a Happy Easter of good health and staying safe....

Loving all your old trip reports and pictures Jim !!

Keep them coming :thumb:

Divegoose

Wow, those are some great pictures and I like your trip reports with mostly pictures.

Back
Top Bottom