Shelter in Place Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think most of the world is under a shelter in place order. Some are able to get to open water, but others do not have that luxury. What kind of diving are you doing at home? Videos and/and Pictures?

I bought this used DUI drysuit from scubaboard and have been waiting to try it out. With 4 kids at home, my wife-buddy and I can't get to the open water since we have no one to watch our kids. I could no longer wait, so I went down to the basement to kit up and did my shallowest dive yet. I might just have to purchase that intex pool that has been sitting in my amazon cart if this goes on much longer.

My last 3 dives since covid have been in my pool. On the upside, the pool is very clean. The drain covers and eyelets have all been recently replaced and I'm thinking of working on the LED light as one of the colors is out.
Nobody wants to see a fat guy cleaning a pool, so I didn't record any video.

ice is going out the channel already clear snow was not as much as last year

I hold my breath while I wash my hands, face, and glasses when I get back from the hospital everyday. I consider this a variant of static apnea.
I assume you work at the hospital. I don't think visitors are allowed in hospitals, at least not here. We were very lucky my wife's knee replacement was Feb. 3 and she basically finished physio March 12 then it was shut down. I fee sorry for those caught up in operations, therapy, etc. I had a colonoscopy & CT scan cancelled, to be rescheduled, but hopefully that won't hurt.

China & now Russia have some sort of tracking way of knowing who's out & about when they shouldn't be. Maybe that's one thing the commies (and former commies) are doing better than us.

No, the populace isn't screaming about the Evil Government in their bedroom is all. Google has all your movement history if you have an android phone and didn't opt out -- had for years, but they aren't sharing it with anyone. Says google.

I assume you work at the hospital. I don't think visitors are allowed in hospitals, at least not here. We were very lucky my wife's knee replacement was Feb. 3 and she basically finished physio March 12 then it was shut down. I fee sorry for those caught up in operations, therapy, etc. I had a colonoscopy & CT scan cancelled, to be rescheduled, but hopefully that won't hurt.
Glad to hear that your wife's knee issue was over with prior to lockdown. My mother is slated for surgery on May 4th. She's expecting to be there for 3-4 days with no visitors allowed.

Even if you "opt out" they still track absolutely everything. Privacy is an illusion.
Unless you're like the very few of us left who actually don't take their phone every single place they go.
Question-- I don't pay for anything except phone calls & texting (no internet, no data, etc.). Can my phone still be "tracked" if I take it with me?

If it is on it can and will be tracked because that’s how it knows which cell tower to talk to. If it’s off then it cannot be tracked until it is turned back on again.

Back
Top Bottom