Disinfecting second stages.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I dove in India I refused to use the communal rinse tanks after diving. I lugged my gear back to my room and used the shower to rinse everything off exceedingly well.
Except in those countries where you can't drink the water.....

When I dove in India I refused to use the communal rinse tanks after diving. I lugged my gear back to my room and used the shower to rinse everything off exceedingly well.

And that's why you're still here today . . .

Do I need to soak my gear after diving in the fresh water springs of Florida or Mexico?

I kinda want to disinfect the regs which have been in my mouth or my buddy's mouth, at least.

Can I use Star San (Food grade phosphoric acid used in home brewing and wine making. 1 oz per 5 gallons. No rinse.) or do I need to use something else?

I heard back from the Five Star Chemicals, the manufacturer of Star San. It kills E. Coli and "Staph" although the rep didn't specify the staph species. Dwell time is 90 seconds. No mention of other organisms.

Best regards,
DDM

I heard back from the Five Star Chemicals, the manufacturer of Star San. It kills E. Coli and "Staph" although the rep didn't specify the staph species. Dwell time is 90 seconds. No mention of other organisms.

Best regards,
DDM

I wonder if it damages the regulator materials though.

I wonder if it damages the regulator materials though.

It might depending on the material. It ate the seals on one of my auto-siphons.

I think like 80% of people have HSV1 so I am trying to keep my negative status with that. I would bet that thousands have contracted HSV1 from the dumb primary donate rule and training exercises.

I am not trolling. I really am just this weird.

...lolwut??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom