Quiz - Equipment - Dropped Scuba Tank

It's recommended that a scuba tank that has fallen from a moving vehicle or been dropped from a sign

• a. visually inspected

• b. emptied and refilled with fresh air

• c. hydrostatic/pressure tested

• d. repainted

Results are only viewable after voting.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pedro Burrito

Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
From the PADI Dive Theory Exam:

It's recommended that a scuba tank that has fallen from a moving vehicle or been dropped from a significant height is _____ before filling and use.

a. visually inspected

b. emptied and refilled with fresh air

c. hydrostatic/pressure tested

d. repainted

I will post a daily question from my exams to help newer divers and to encourage more experienced divers to interact gracefully and helpfully with the newer divers.

Reminder - this is a post in the Basic Forum and it is a green zone. Please be nice and on topic.

Thank you for your patience while we try to give people something to discuss other than Covid-19 and/or Politics. I will post the answer covered by the spoiler tag later today.

I was wondering the same, seems pretty cut and dry at this point, but given all the others i foresee 13 pages of debate.

Perhaps, arguing the necessity of valve testing and insufficient regulation of the SCUBA industry?

If the tank was pressurized and the valve survived and still worked, didn't leak, wasn't cracked and the handwheel felt good when turned that is not wobbling; that was a test, that is a good valve.

what path is this one going down?
e...... Dropping a tank from a significant height or a moving vehicle is a test, isn't it?
f...... a. b. c. d. are all correct-unless you want your tank to have character-then maybe not d.

Dropped tank.....

If you have a DIN valve, check the outlet by attaching a first stage to it. On several occasions, I've seen a DIN outlet knocked slightly out of round from falling on its head. If you don't notice it visually when it happens, you will notice it when you put on your first stage. You don't want to find out on a boat twenty miles offshore.

Not long ago, I watched a rig fall from the back of a vehicle to a non-paved (grassy) area. Person then had leaks (extruding o-ring) when pressurizing. They actually bent/cracked the yoke on the first stage...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom