Has anyone seen or used the new Scubapro Hydros Pro BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Went with small instead of large. Large looked too big. Those will take 5lbs ea and I can handle 5 in each trim pocket on back if needed. That’s 20lbs capacity!

I've had my hydros pro for a year and a half now and about 150 dives.

I really like the BCD and have no major issues with it.

I have a size M. I am 184 cm wall and currently weigh 72 kg ( at time of purchase I was about 90 kg and knew I'd be losing weight).

The only thing I disliked was the bulky weight pocket rubber.

As of today, I installed the tec/trav belt and will purchase weight pockets as I only use 5 kilograms in a skin suit and still 5 kilograms with a 3mm (in winter) since I lost weight.
2 kilo gram per weight pocket.
I am meticulous about caring for my gear and always thoroughly wash and dry after a dive. I clean the BCD inner bladder with distilled water every 10 dives.

I noticed some wear on the shoulder straps that I feel are premature considering I only have about 150 dives and carry very little weight (4 kgs) in the weight pockets.
Wondering if I should have this addressed immediately?

I noticed some wear on the inside of rubber weight pocket housing.
Which I dont think is fair because I never leave the weights in the weight pocket - other than between dives.
Yes, between dives the pockets drape down from the weight but thats only for about an hour. So not a lot.
Still the pockets developed rips.

Also, I only had soft pouch 0.5 kilo grams in the trim pocket and yet the buckle started coming out / ripping out the BCD. From BOTH pockets.
This is very strange because theres virtually no pressure on the buckle from the small half kilo soft weights.

Also, how does Scubapro expect me to attach a weight pocket to the trav/tek belt when the buckle end is too large to slip a pocket weight on?
Maybe a pocket weight with velcro would work, but conventional pockets need you to slide them on?

Photographs for your perusal.

20201213_161301.jpg
20201213_161254.jpg
20201212_143711.jpg
20201212_143707.jpg
20201212_143504.jpg
20201212_143500.jpg

Also, how does Scubapro expect me to attach a weight pocket to the trav/tek belt when the buckle end is too large to slip a pocket weight on?
Maybe a pocket weight with velcro would work, but conventional pockets need you to slide them on?

Slide the weight pockets onto the travel waist belt from the back end, before you attach the waist belt to the back plate.

I love mine. Still using the integrated weights though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom