Shearwater extends warranty to 2023

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoag

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Shearwater's customer service is already legendary, but this is above and beyond.

"To show our support to the diving community in these challenging times, we are extending our product warranty to January 1st , 2023 for any new Teric, Perdix, , Perdix AI, Petrel 2, and Nerd 2 purchased anytime in 2020."

Great news for people who bought a computer only to have their dive trips delayed or cancelled or for those who held off even booking one in these uncertain times.

Not sure if this affects me or not. I ordered one on a "Boxing Day Sale" the last week of 2019, but I didn't get it till 2020.

If you paid in advance maybe not. If you paid by Credit card check when the charges actually hit your card. Most companies don't hit the card until shipment. I'll cross my fingers for you. Good luck.

Cheers-

Great, how about the Teric that I bought in 2019? Failed and was repaired in 2019. Failed and was replaced at the end of 2019. Now, I've only got about 12 dives on the new unit. Who knows when I wlll be able to dive it again?

If you paid in advance maybe not. If you paid by Credit card check when the charges actually hit your card. Most companies don't hit the card until shipment. I'll cross my fingers for you. Good luck.

Cheers-
I contacted Shearwater. They wanted me to send them a copy of my Proof of Purchase and my serial number (which I have done). Now I just wait & see. In all fairness, I can understand no matter which way the decision goes, but if I don't ask, then I will never know.

Very cool...I got mine on 1/25/2020.

Great, how about the Teric that I bought in 2019?

I agree that it would have been fairer to extend everyone's warranty for a year, rather than make only for those that purchase in 2020. What is the difference as to whether or not you lost time to diving with all of the current and potentially future sheltering in the first or second year of the warranty?

Once again Shearwater raises the bar for all the other manufacturers.

One of the many great things about living in Australia is our great consumer protection laws. A product has to be fit for purpose regardless of the manufacturer's warranty period.

If you spend $1,000 on a dive computer it is expected it should last way beyond the 12 months warranty and as such we are covered for any failures beyond normal wear and tear. i.e. if my Perdix failed 18 months after I bought it, through no fault of my own, I can still make a claim and it should be repaired or replaced at no cost to me.

One of the many great things about living in Australia is our great consumer protection laws. A product has to be fit for purpose regardless of the manufacturer's warranty period.

If you spend $1,000 on a dive computer it is expected it should last way beyond the 12 months warranty and as such we are covered for any failures beyond normal wear and tear. i.e. if my Perdix failed 18 months after I bought it, through no fault of my own, I can still make a claim and it should be repaired or replaced at no cost to me.

Shearwater's warranty is normally 2 years from purchase (and tied to the computer, not the the purchaser). This thread is about them going beyond that.

Shearwater's warranty is normally 2 years from purchase (and tied to the computer, not the the purchaser). This thread is about them going beyond that.
Yes. I understand that. I was just pointing out that in Australia you'd be covered even if they didn't extend it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom