Bauer Junior 2 help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What you have is an absolute steal for $600. It certainly is an auto condensate drain system with the Asco condensate drain solenoid valve and the small black unit being a condensate drain muffler. The filter tower alone is worth more than $600.

Thanks for the info can you tell me how to use the auto condensate drain i noticed that the filter has a black thumbscrew drain plug and the condensate drain also has a metal drain plug, do i need to manually mess with any of those drain plugs and if so in what order? and does the asco condensate drain solenoid valve have an automatic timer set to drain on its own or is that something that has to be set by the user?

What you have is an absolute steal for $600. It certainly is an auto condensate drain system with the Asco condensate drain solenoid valve and the small black unit being a condensate drain muffler. The filter tower alone is worth more than $600.

Thanks for the info. Since this has an auto condensate drain do i need to mess with any of the manual drain plug thumbscrews theres 2 of them, the black plastic one at the base of the filter housing and a metal one connected to the auto condensate assembly if i do need to manually bleed those in what order should i do that ? And on this asco unit is it set up to drain the extra moisture automatically at a specific time interval or is that something that i need to adjust on the unit?

You can download the Junior operation manual on the Bauer website. All your questions will be answered.

Thanks for the info. Since this has an auto condensate drain do i need to mess with any of the manual drain plug thumbscrews theres 2 of them, the black plastic one at the base of the filter housing and a metal one connected to the auto condensate assembly if i do need to manually bleed those in what order should i do that ? And on this asco unit is it set up to drain the extra moisture automatically at a specific time interval or is that something that i need to adjust on the unit?

I'm not familiar with the ACD on the Junior 2 as I have a K14 Verticus with all the bells and whistles but the principle of the ACD is the same. For starters, don't turn anything till you know what it does.

Before starting the compressor, make sure there is a filter cartridge in the PO housing and one in the 33" filter tower.

Next check the oil in the compressor and make sure you can turn it over by hand and secure all components hanging loose off the compressor, especially the condensate drain muffler (black bullet shaped thingy) as it will flail around if not secured when the drain opens.

Make sure the valve to the filter tower is open and the one on the regulator is closed. Everything should be preset in the control box to the correct settings unless someone has played with it. Start it to see if it builds pressure.

Some reading material
https://www.bauer-kompressoren.de/f...e-part-list/junior/2013-10-01/JUN2-1013EN.pdf
JUNIOR

You can download the Junior operation manual on the Bauer website. All your questions will be answered.
If you look at the picture below theres 3 drain plugs circled in red on this compressor that you can open and close by hand, even though it has auto drain, do u know in what order i should open and close these drains like before i start the compressor and after i shut it off? Or do i only need to mess with the one on the right with the black thumbscrew at the base of the filter tower that is not connected to the auto drain system?

Attachments

• 799F287B-FCC0-49B1-949D-775E161DF6FC.jpeg
    799F287B-FCC0-49B1-949D-775E161DF6FC.jpeg
    72.6 KB · Views: 69
I'm not familiar with the ACD on the Junior 2 as I have a K14 Verticus with all the bells and whistles but the principle of the ACD is the same. For starters, don't turn anything till you know what it does.

Before starting the compressor, make sure there is a filter cartridge in the PO housing and one in the 33" filter tower.

Next check the oil in the compressor and make sure you can turn it over by hand and secure all components hanging loose off the compressor, especially the condensate drain muffler (black bullet shaped thingy) as it will flail around if not secured when the drain opens.

Make sure the valve to the filter tower is open and the one on the regulator is closed. Everything should be preset in the control box to the correct settings unless someone has played with it. Start it to see if it builds pressure.

Some reading material
https://www.bauer-kompressoren.de/f...e-part-list/junior/2013-10-01/JUN2-1013EN.pdf
JUNIOR
If you look at the picture below theres 3 drain plugs circled in red on this compressor that you can open and close by hand, even though it has auto drain, do u know in what order i should open and close these drains like before i start the compressor and after i shut it off? Or do i only need to mess with the one on the right with the black thumbscrew at the base of the filter tower that is not connected to the auto drain system?

Attachments

• C0C69FB3-94E7-4A42-A3D6-9DCAD74501F3.jpeg
    C0C69FB3-94E7-4A42-A3D6-9DCAD74501F3.jpeg
    72.6 KB · Views: 65
A Bauer Junior II is outfitted with a P21 filter assy (the same filter assy is known as the P0 filter assy in the USA).
Unless it was filling 300Bar cylinders 24x7x365 for the whole 15 years I wouldn't worry about it. If you want to make very sure you can look for a company that can xray the cylindrical portion of the filter for any signs of load cracking. Mine is 20 years old and has had less than 5000 load cycles - means I'm not worried and will continue to use it untill somebody gives me a new IK10 compressor for a song and a dance.

The moment you start using it commercially, with paying customers, is when you start having to worry about things like that, but in Florida why should anybody get upset. I've seen compressors that were in worse shape than poor redneck pickup trucks, that are still being used.

Michael

Attachments

• 67AAA38F-28A0-4552-8402-0A865B0EF490.jpeg
    67AAA38F-28A0-4552-8402-0A865B0EF490.jpeg
    72.6 KB · Views: 71

Start from the left side so that the last one you do is at the base of the PO filter

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom