Free SSI Science of Diving Specialty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just finished the Final Exam last night and am supposed to forward the form, etc. in order to receive the cert. Is it still free for those who have finished?
Just tell the diving centre which gave it to you that you finished.

I just finished the Final Exam last night and am supposed to forward the form, etc. in order to receive the cert. Is it still free for those who have finished?
I would imagine it's based off when you signed up

So if you don't like dive computers with mysterious safety factors built in, here you go with the table equivalent.

And you ask me why I "always do that"? :rofl3:

Finished the course. Thanks Henry. Good review of the "old" PADI DM course plus some extra interesting stuff. Also, I finally did some e learning!

I enjoyed the course as well. I also purchased the shark ecology class; I get to help out Henry, and I get to keep busy..

I enjoyed the course as well. I also purchased the shark ecology class; I get to help out Henry, and I get to keep busy..
I just did the fish id one. Figured it'd be a good review and it helps out Henry's shop.

The physics chapter of the course contains errors.

This is not surprising as most diving manuals I have seen (from several training agencies) contain errors.

Nothing really critical is wrong (I do recommend that course) but some details are.
Hint: proof reading is a key task.

- argon is not lighter than air
- heat conductivity does not depend that much on density (unless it's a vacuum)
- telling that some people call volume capacity is a bad idea. Two tanks of the same volume can have different capacities. The course should describe the difference between those two and not equate them.
- and more

The course is good. It contains a lot of usefull and correct information, but proofreading was lacking.

The course is good. It contains a lot of usefull and correct information, but proofreading was lacking.

I found that the fish ID course shared the same issues. There were definitely some proof reading error that popped up (mainly genus or scientific names that didn't match the common names given).

I pointed out that there were a couple of test questions I found a little unclear on the daily quizz questions. Nothing major. Getting the info. is what's important. Though as same with PADI, completely clear info. and test questions would always be nice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom