Removing the condom cath

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All kidding aside, don't try to take them off in the first 3 or 4 hours, after 4 hrs almost nobody screams.

25 odd years ago I heard Jens Hilpert/Hoehner tell a story at a dive club christmas party near Stuttgart Germany:
Jens was in the Navy, serving in the Kampfschwimmer Company up in Eckernfoerde, and because he was also doing a lot of diving on his own, he was always strapped for funds. He had just found a new supplier of condom catheters that were quite a bit cheaper than the Rochester (now Bairds) wide bands. So he tried one out on one of his standard tech dives. It went on well, and stuck good. 3 hrs later he noticed a burning sensation which continued to get worse for the remaining 4 hours of the dive. When he finally got out of the water he noticed 3 things:
1. the glue PH was a lot lower than 7.0
2. the adhesive qualities of the glue were superb.
3. removing the condom catheter caused a major loss of skin on his foreskin
He was peeing no hands for several weeks after that, and his wife wasn't happy either.

Michael

You guys have convinced me that dry suit diving is never going to be in my future. Think I'll stick to warm water, wetsuit diving that does not involve putting glue on the equipment.:)

You guys have convinced me that dry suit diving is never going to be in my future. Think I'll stick to warm water, wetsuit diving that does not involve putting glue on the equipment.:)

Where is the fun in that.

I dive in Monterey CA where most use drysuits. I use an 8\7 semi dry i.e. it has a hood and extra flaps at entry point. I was going to buy a drysuit as the semi dry isnt optimal.

I will now never buy a drysuit.

that is all

I dive in Monterey CA where most use drysuits. I use an 8\7 semi dry i.e. it has a hood and extra flaps at entry point. I was going to buy a drysuit as the semi dry isnt optimal.

that is all

P-valves are for people going tech, doing long dives, or have issues holding it and don't want to use diapers.

Do you fall into any of those categories? I know plenty of recreational divers up here on the Great Lakes who don't use P-valves.

that is all
Being warm and diving your tank down is, if memory serves, worth it.

P-valves are for people going tech, doing long dives, or have issues holding it and don't want to use diapers.

Do you fall into any of those categories? I know plenty of recreational divers up here on the Great Lakes who don't use P-valves.

Ive seen the drysuit dance before in Monterey :) Get it off, get it off quick! while trying to run up from the waters edge. And in some cases slowing down and hanging the head ....

Btw youd think they could come up with a better technology for drysuits than crazy glue lol

that is all

^^^ this I have I don't know many dives in a drysuit. The reason I'm now installing a pee valve is because I'm starting tec training once the virus calms down to start doing deco dives.

Here in the summer you can get away with a wetsuit but I dive year round. I also find it easier to control my bouyancy especially when ascending in the drysuit. I never wear a wetsuit anymore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom