Removing the condom cath

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So I learned a new trick for removal last year when I was bored and actually read the directions printed right there on the wrapper. Roll it up to remove. This is the opposite of how you put it on. Works great on severaly stuck widebands.

^^^ this I have I don't know many dives in a drysuit. The reason I'm now installing a pee valve is because I'm starting tec training once the virus calms down to start doing deco dives.

Here in the summer you can get away with a wetsuit but I dive year round. I also find it easier to control my bouyancy especially when ascending in the drysuit. I never wear a wetsuit anymore.

Luckily in Monterey its about the same water temp all year. Even december its around 52 I think. Some areas it can drop into mid 40s and thats where I would turn blue.

So I learned a new trick for removal last year when I was bored and actually read the directions printed right there on the wrapper. Roll it up to remove. This is the opposite of how you put it on. Works great on severaly stuck widebands.
Why didn't I do that 25 years ago?

Michael

Luckily in Monterey its about the same water temp all year. Even december its around 52 I think. Some areas it can drop into mid 40s and thats where I would turn blue.

My coldest is 31 with air temps in the teens

Here is my tried and true method. Yes, I also learned many painful lessons in the beginning.

1 - Manscape, you will know if you were not effective at this
2 - Shower the night before rather than first thing in the morning. Your natural body oils will not be enough to cause adhesive failures but will ease in the removal later.
3 - Do not try to remove immediately after the dive. the longer you can wait, the more natural body oils will be produced.
4 - Removal works best if rolled up to remove rather than try to pull off.
5 - Regardless of how good you think your shower and soap is, glue residue will build up on repetitive days and make removal extremely difficult. Use a medical adhesive remover after removal for final cleanup if diving again the next day.

In a bind, you can use industrial adhesive removers too. I have used Goo Gone (with great success) from an auto parts store, but be ready to get your junk in the shower quickly before the burning starts.

Always order one size smaller than the sizing gauge shows. I know this goes against every single natural response from a guy, just order online so you are not embarrassed in front of a teenage sales girl.

ALWAYS dispose of used catheters properly and NEVER leave them on the ground.

Here is my tried and true method. Yes, I also learned many painful lessons in the beginning.

1 - Manscape, you will know if you were not effective at this
2 - Shower the night before rather than first thing in the morning. Your natural body oils will not be enough to cause adhesive failures but will ease in the removal later.
3 - Do not try to remove immediately after the dive. the longer you can wait, the more natural body oils will be produced.
4 - Removal works best if rolled up to remove rather than try to pull off.
5 - Regardless of how good you think your shower and soap is, glue residue will build up on repetitive days and make removal extremely difficult. Use a medical adhesive remover after removal for final cleanup if diving again the next day.

In a bind, you can use industrial adhesive removers too. I have used Goo Gone (with great success) from an auto parts store, but be ready to get your junk in the shower quickly before the burning starts.

Always order one size smaller than the sizing gauge shows. I know this goes against every single natural response from a guy, just order online so you are not embarrassed in front of a teenage sales girl.

ALWAYS dispose of used catheters properly and NEVER leave them on the ground.

I got a sampler pack to try different sizes. That is going to be the fun part. They did not send me a gauge which surprised me.

I wanted to thank everyone for keeping this thread mature.

E0CE66A5-3ECA-45B7-A9C4-ACD9C2F7E633.jpeg
61F092A2-F861-4705-AA62-9C731CCF27E9.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom