Current state at Cape Ann?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba-74

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anyone have a recent first hand experience shore diving (or attempting to dive) anywhere at Cape Ann?

Specific area of interest is Lanes Cove. Are the roads leading to it open? Anything posted at the parking lot? I'm afraid if there is even one sign prohibiting diving, the locals will go out of their way to call LEOs.

I know Rockport is probably too far gone with their restrictions and gridlocks, so Gloucester sites are relatively more promising.

It's been business as usual at Folly and probably most other sites. Take precautions, keep your distance, dive extra conservative.

Maybe I'll see you out there (from 6'+ away) this weekend.

It's been business as usual at Folly and probably most other sites. Take precautions, keep your distance, dive extra conservative.

Maybe I'll see you out there (from 6'+ away) this weekend.

So unloading at Folly and then bringing a car over the Rockport town line and parking is not an issue?

So unloading at Folly and then bringing a car over the Rockport town line and parking is not an issue?
its my understanding they are restricting street parking neat halibut point park and side streets. that said, I hear people are diving

I've been told all parking in Gloucester and Rockport is resident only, supposedly due to corona. This is third person I have gone up to verify myself.

It makes sense that Halibut Point, being a state park in Rockport, is off limits.

Besides, I was never successful in finding a legitimate path to the water there, so when I dive Folly cove or point, I park at Pebble.
Pebble is rockport - parking AND the beach is closed (to non-residents)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom