Liquid air suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The article says the Navy Seals experimented with liquid ventilation in the 80's. Is that true? Are they still alive? Were there side affects from the chemicals?

I read an article on that years and years ago. Not sure it was SEALs, but "the US navy," anyway. If memory serves, the whole concept worked very well, dives were done on the order of a couple thousand fsw (in retrospect I have no idea if these were real dives or chamber dives) and the efficacy was proven. The sticky wicket was clearing the fluid from the divers' lungs after the fact, and all died of pneumonia within weeks.

I read an article on that years and years ago. Not sure it was SEALs, but "the US navy," anyway. If memory serves, the whole concept worked very well, dives were done on the order of a couple thousand fsw (in retrospect I have no idea if these were real dives or chamber dives) and the efficacy was proven. The sticky wicket was clearing the fluid from the divers' lungs after the fact, and all died of pneumonia within weeks.
Apparently they do use the stuff in hospitals for preemie babies. Maybe if you could smack a grown man on the arse hard enough you could clear their lungs that way.

Apparently they do use the stuff in hospitals for preemie babies. Maybe if you could smack a grown man on the arse hard enough you could clear their lungs that way.

You've been watching too much Xhamster.

You've been watching too much Xhamster.
Are we still talking about liquid and suit ?

Reactions: OTF
Years ago on the tv show beyond 2000(so before 2000) they had a mouse breathing liquid air. Found it on you tube.

BTW :)
we have "meme" - "Rogozin`s Dachshund" :)
and as I know - this dog is still alive

but it is old experiments :) 1986-90 yy.
This movie from 1988 - dog is breathing in barocamera at 700 m for 30 min.

name of the James Cameron`s movie with liquid breathing is Abyss (1989)

and about topic article - it is also related to Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation - Wikipedia
This method is used now to recover of COVID-19 sick with huge lungs injuries

Back
Top Bottom