PSA: Water is still cold.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I recognize that Poseidon reg and 3 pane mask. My first reg in the 70s was a Poseidon. Used my Poseidon on my pony up til last year and still have a 3 pane that I was thinking of digging out and bringing on my next trip.

Ever dive winnipesaukee? Did a few up there last summer, I loved it.

I have a few times but it's farther from me than Cape Ann so I'm usually there. I'm not a huge lake diver - I usually dive Dublin Pond/Lake when I need to practice some skills or just to get wet. If the lockdowns continue though I may have to go back just to change things up every once in a while.

up to 43 degrees Newport Buoy. Starting to move. Now if we can just get the air temps to move out of the 40s. 70s would be nice.

up to 43 degrees Newport Buoy. Starting to move. Now if we can just get the air temps to move out of the 40s. 70s would be nice.

How about if we can just get in the water.

How about if we can just get in the water.
Hopefully soon. RI parks still listed as closed. That could change for next month. For me I dive wet with a 5 mil so I still have to wait for the temp to rise. Maybe end of May for me.

I have an 8/7 semi dry, 7mm spearo, and 5mm spearo suits. I should try the 8/7 this Sunday since it looks like it'll be gorgeous. I have to go find a lost mooring off my neighborhood dock anyhow.

Are boat ramps closed? I've only gone by one DEM controlled boat ramp on a freshwater pond and that was opened.
FTW has a DEM controlled boat ramp, has anyone been by there to see if it's opened? I'll "launch" my yak there if that's what it takes to dive there.

Hopefully soon. RI parks still listed as closed. That could change for next month. For me I dive wet with a 5 mil so I still have to wait for the temp to rise. Maybe end of May for me.

Your the second person I've run into that uses a 5 up here rather than a 7

7 would make more sense for early season but 5 works very well for me with water temps in the 60s and that's what I have. My first couple early season dives with a 5 with temps 55-60 my dives are usually limited to 30 minutes due to the cold.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom