Southwest coming to Cozumel!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I prefer SWA over United but I’ll hold my nose on United for the right deal and avoid the drag. Here is hoping SWA works it out soon to fly to CZM.

I wouldn’t drive Austin to Houston to save money. With gas, I don’t see that happening. I might do it if it means going into Cozumel rather than Cancun though. The 3 hour drive would be offset by the bag drag. It all depends on the details.

I wouldn’t drive Austin to Houston to save money. With gas, I don’t see that happening. I might do it if it means going into Cozumel rather than Cancun though. The 3 hour drive would be offset by the bag drag. It all depends on the details.
We considered it not just to save money but to combine the trip with a visit to my wife's sister who lives in Kingwood, which is very close to IAH. We would have left our car at her house and let her ferry us to and from the airport. When it turned out that it would have cost us $225 ($75 each for the three of us) more in air fare, not to mention the gas money and the time, it was a nonstarter.

Southwest just canceled all flights to CZM until Aug 11. They still had late June flights when I checked Sunday night.

CUN flights are still live for most of June.

At this time it looks like Southwest CUN flights resume 7-June, but that's seven weeks away. Nothing showing until then.

AMLO and the government have talked about gradually reopening the country starting 1-June, which may be why we see the 7-June resumption, but that still feels awfully speculative.

American appears to be the only carrier operating flights in/out of CZM at the moment. Delta is showing Saturday flights starting 6-June.

At this time it looks like Southwest CUN flights resume 7-June, but that's seven weeks away. Nothing showing until then.

AMLO and the government have talked about gradually reopening the country starting 1-June, which may be why we see the 7-June resumption, but that still feels awfully speculative.

American appears to be the only carrier operating flights in/out of CZM at the moment. Delta is showing Saturday flights starting 6-June.
The SW June schedule has nothing to do with the AMLO/government announcement last week. The June schedule has been unchanged since March 27.

My brother was booked to fly HOU to CZM on Southwest July 27, and back on August 5. He just spoke with a SW rep this evening, both flights have been cancelled.

The SW website shows no flights to or from Coz until around August 10.

If anyone knows whether this is just a SW decision or there is some official government edict involved, can you share? We're looking for other flights, still assuming we can go until we officially hear otherwise. Thanks!

Southwest just canceled all flights to CZM until Aug 11. They still had late June flights when I checked Sunday night.

Thanks... I just saw this after I posted mine above. Any idea why the cancellation of flights to & from Coz... but not Cancun? Any official word on how long the marine park in Coz will be closed (which, I would assume, is a defacto closure on most diving)?

Thanks... I just saw this after I posted mine above. Any idea why the cancellation of flights to & from Coz... but not Cancun? Any official word on how long the marine park in Coz will be closed (which, I would assume, is a defacto closure on most diving)?
Any "official word" at this point about the future reopening of diving or anything else on Cozumel should be taken with a sizable grain of salt. The truth is that no one in government or out of it has any idea how long it will be before things are safe enough to resume recreational activities.

The SW CZM cancellations are a business decision. They have no intention of flying empty planes down there til tourism is viable again.

The CUN route is still open because it services all of the Yucatan/QRoo.

Back
Top Bottom