Zeagle Base BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Penguine

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Ok...here's the scoop.

When I got married, my now ex decided that diving was "too risky" for someone who was trying to start a family...so, 14 years have passed and my last dive was 10 years ago.

I sold everything I had and now, starting from 0!

I am thinking about buying this as a starter, then turning it into a back up....

Does anyone have experience with this BCD?

Zeagle Base BCD

Understand, I am not looking to dump a ton of cash immediately....bank account wouldnt have any part of it.

Not certain about the Base, but I've had limited experience with a similar Zeagle BCD that I think isn't made now and it's your typical jacket-style BC. Nothing fancy, certainly nothing to write home about. If you like jacket-style then it's a safe bet and good Zeagle quality. If it were me, I'd spend a little bit more and go with a back-inflate style because it helps with better trim underwater and is just less bulky. Like this one:

Zeagle Covert BCD

Yes it's a few dollars more, but more packable for travel and should feel a bit less bulky and give a little more freedom of movement. It really just depends on what you're looking for in a BC. Zeagle is a great brand (I dive a version of the Ranger myself) and they hold up quite well. So whichever you choose, you'll have it for a good while.

Zeagle is known more for their back inflate BCD (which I have used) rather than the std. poodle jacket. Which is probably why it is on sale. People are not buying them. That said Zeagle makes good BCDs and I like that it is made other than in China (in this case the USA).

Agree with the above. I prefer back-inflate and dive a Zeagle Stiletto. Probably doesn't work as a starter as it's significantly more expensive.

There are a couple of better options in the same general price range depending on your preference. Both of these also offer weight integration, which the base does not.
Covert XD as mentioned above, if back inflate is preferred.
Resort if jacket style is preferred.

A friend of mine dives a Covert, and he likes it.

I have always dove with a jacket style....but I am always open to experience telling me to try something else.

I will look into the the Covert...its priced within my budget.

Thanks

Love my covert, however there are only two D-rings for equipment if you're into carrying a lot of stuff~!

Love my covert, however there are only two D-rings for equipment if you're into carrying a lot of stuff~!

I can make do....LOL

christmas.jpg

Back
Top Bottom