NY Diver drowned yesterday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@tridacna Was his buddy ever recovered. I thought I read somewhere that the diver was in some sort of cave and was entangled. I have watched his videos from Tillys. Not even close to good conditions at the bottom.

@tridacna Was his buddy ever recovered. I thought I read somewhere that the diver was in some sort of cave and was entangled. I have watched his videos from Tillys. Not even close to good conditions at the bottom.
Yes body recovered by State Police using a ROV.

The diver was jammed in some lift cables. I don’t mean jammed as in jammed in there, I mean jammed as in entangled.

The facts as reported by the first responder, who was called by the GF of the deceased diver, which is a heck of a lot more than what you're suggesting.

The responder knew nothing about diving. Even less about rebreathers. That report was meaningless. Remember the facts seldom appear on SB. If you think you know better or want to keep disparaging him, PM Dan on FB and get his take.

The responder knew nothing about diving. Even less about rebreathers. That report was meaningless. Remember the facts seldom appear on SB. If you think you know better or want to keep disparaging him, PM Dan on FB and get his take.

I have no interest in arguing with you as you seem know more and are not adding any of that knowledge to the discussion.

Your statement is meaningless. One needs to know nothing about diving, to get names and circumstances correct.

It was pretty obvious the cop knew nothing about diving from reading the report. Unfortunately, that is pretty much completely irrelevant.

+ I don’t do Facebook.

It's kinda funny. I know Dan pretty well and I know what happened that day. Reading the vituperative comments on the board from people who have no idea what happened is truly amazing. Yes, Dan can be a blunderbuss and a bit cantankerous at times but generally he's a pretty nice guy who had no ill intention that day. Problem is that the deceased made some stupid errors and people are looking for a scapegoat. Good luck pursuing it. Going nowhere.
Tell him "Thanks!" for getting access to Diepolder closed.:happywave:

owned by the Boy Scouts of America.

You mean "Scouts of America" girls can join now along with everything else under the technicolor rainbow.

Just because his "take" on the events isnt the narrative that is portrayed, doesn't make his response anymore acceptable. I know that if I was a family member if the deceased, I would be holding him accountable in some way.

I have a story myself that I will be posting shortly on the lessons learned about my father.

You mean "Scouts of America" girls can join now along with everything else under the technicolor rainbow.

Just because his "take" on the events isnt the narrative that is portrayed, doesn't make his response anymore acceptable. I know that if I was a family member if the deceased, I would be holding him accountable in some way.

I have a story myself that I will be posting shortly on the lessons learned about my father.

And yet he was not held accountable. Funny how things happen when the facts emerge. But no matter, SB will pass their own verdict. We always do!

Back
Top Bottom