Nanight lights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lsmike

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello, Scubaboard!

I am looking for new lights and stumbled upon these Nanight Sport 2 and Nanight Tech 2.

Has anyone ever heard of them, or better yet, used them in actual diving?

I am buying in Europe, so US-made lights might not be the most cost-effective options...

Thanks!

Deep fish discoverer extraordinaire Brian Greene reccomended these lights to me. I was looking for something stand alone with reasonable size and weight I could mount to a 3/4" locline arm fixed to my rEvo for over the shoulder hands free lighting on 100m dives. I was having consistency issues with bottons on other brands and he swears by the reliability of these lights. Reasonably priced too. Im gonna pic one up soon.

Deep fish discoverer extraordinaire Brian Greene reccomended these lights to me. I was looking for something stand alone with reasonable size and weight I could mount to a 3/4" locline arm fixed to my rEvo for over the shoulder hands free lighting on 100m dives. I was having consistency issues with bottons on other brands and he swears by the reliability of these lights. Reasonably priced too. Im gonna pic one up soon.

The price and seemingly good construction quality appealed to me. If you do pick it up, would you mind doing a quick review? So far I only found stuff from Nanight themselves...

I own a nanight tech 1 which is the same as the tech 2 with less lumens as far as I'm aware. It's a few years old. I'm satisfied with it so far, not having had many dives with it as I just restarted diving again after a few years. It lights up good and the switch on the light head is easy to operate with thick gloves (dry,5mm) only used the Goodman handle which is easily adjustable but comes with a bungee one aswell. It comes with 3 lenses which are easy to switch between. I have only used the 120 degree one (clear glass) as of now but can write something when I get to test out the others.
As far as I can understand sport and tech are the same except for the canister as they have the same upgrade part(s) for making a tech/sport 1 to a 2 ( from 3000 to 4000lumens) and you can easily get parts online after my understanding. Hopefully this was of some use.

Hey Ismike,
Let me know if you have any questions. We are here to serve.
Btw, we have 100% customer satisfaction guarantee so if you are not satisfied, you can return the light even after testing it once or twice.

@lsmike, I use one, and am happy with the unit. I use it as my primary cave light. Great burn time, multiple optic choices, and good cover for cave. Let me know if you any specific questions.

Hello @OleSem @Nanight @LandonL ,

I guess I wanted to see more videos or reviews about it. Working times, ease of use, how to actually change lens, that stuff. Since I have (never) seen reviews of Nanight, I was not sure how it was. Glad to get the confirmation that they are well made!

@Ismike lens is super easy to change, you open the lighthead like you change the batteries on a backup and it's a take out put in to change for the other things I have to read up..

What does the light output do over the full time of discharge of the canister?

Does the light output stay constant, or does it taper off as the battery canister runs down?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom