Covid-19 and Cayman travel...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sadly the price differential for diving in Cayman make contribute to Covid-19 business casualties. The cost of doing business in The Cayman Islands is greater than many other destinations but to remain competitive, ops have had to operate on tight profit margins. As a result they have no cushion. There is a report in the Compass that Don Fosters has closed for good. Sad news and I would guess the first of many :(.

Sad days. I recall diving the Kittiwake with Don Fosters and they were a great outfit. Also liked their location and them having a reef off the shore by the shop.

Hope the others can hang on.

@BrackaFish , according to the Premier it looks like you guys are going to be getting back to a normal way of life soon, while the rest of us second class folks on GC need to stay hunkered down. No beaches here for at least another month. Being on island may actually become fun for you again. If you get to dive, tell the marine life I say hello and hope to see them soon.

@BrackaFish , according to the Premier it looks like you guys are going to be getting back to a normal way of life soon, while the rest of us second class folks on GC need to stay hunkered down. No beaches here for at least another month. Being on island may actually become fun for you again. If you get to dive, tell the marine life I say hello and hope to see them soon.

I remain hopeful. We shall see what is said at this Friday’ Meeting. It would give me a chance to post some new poorly shot pictures before you and @caydiver start shooting again. Oh yes, I cannot forget to add @cgills now that I just looked at his latest post.. Without a doubt, you guys do some really nice work. On a different note, I was surprised at how quickly the flights to Miami sold out.

None taken, thanks, Menno!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom