Who's still diving AGA system?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My tiny doubles are steel and are almost 5# negative. I remember the Divator being similar but not as heavy overall. I considered getting the new model composite cylinders, but the cost prevented that.

The set that I dove in about 1974 did not have the full face mask; just a single second stage regulator.

They went thru some changes thru the years. My first set in the 70s were yellow, grey fiberglass carry handle/shroud, all aluminum HP valve and nipple, unique grey aircraft looking harness with quick release feature, PST cylinders and most important, DOT 3AAA stamped.
After the restructuring and the new incarnation became "Interspiro", the design was tweaked to replace the aluminum valving with brass, black plastic carry handle/shroud, tanks became a little longer (evident in the photo) and the harness had morphed (basically identical) with the SCBA harness assy, as the AGA twin tank system was being phased out of the SCUBA market here in the States (not official, but my take on it). Sad, because it was a good rig & the earlier version was the best IMO.
I don't think that IS sells this system anymore, at least on the SCUBA retail market.

Attachments

• IMG_0988.JPG
    IMG_0988.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_1238.JPG
    IMG_1238.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 93
Had one in I believe 1974 which I used for several years before selling it. It was very comfortable above water as well as underwater.
The main reason I got rid of it was despite promises I could not get it filled beyond 3500psi.
Also extreme negative buoyancy, with a 3/8 thk wetsuit no weight belt needed.
As I remember it was ok for ice diving but the DIN connection was a pain when breaking down post dive (frozen threads).

Those tanks are super common here in Sweden, they were used by our firefighters here for ages but now that they've moved on to composite ones there is an abundance of retired steels on the market.
Picked up a pair for my dad a couple months ago, they're cheap as chips and you never need to look for more than a minute if you want to buy a pair.

I have a couple of 324, but i use them with a mix of regulators, and i use them upside down, IE with the valves up.

sure wish I was in Sweden. I'd be beating the bushes trying to find a few pieces needed for my Divators. ;-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom