Dive Travel Poll

When will you start traveling to go diving?

• Within the next six months.

Votes: 72 47.7%
  • 6 months - 1 year

Votes: 57 37.7%
  • Beyond 1 year

Votes: 22 14.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Been a while since I dived in Malaysia, I still need to visit Tenngol and Tioman.

Reactions: CWK
Traveling between states within Malaysia is not yet allowed. I think this is mainly aimed at the end of Ramadan.

The new normal does include continued social distancing measures and mass social events are still not allowed. The ministry of health will continue to trace and test. I imagine that if the number of new cases continues to go down, domestic travel will be allowed by June.
Yes, I can see the same scenario coming here in Indonesia.

Chose beyond 1 year. At this time until the magical vaccine is developed, the diving I do will change.

Considering all of my diving has been off of the mainland U.S., mainly the Caribbean, diving will be somewhat governed by what other islands/countries allow in the way of tourism. Grand Cayman, where I would have been today if not for the pandemic, may not open up for tourism until the end of the year - I imagine it's the same for other islands.

Changes I see for me:
*I no longer see myself planning trips 9 months to 1 ½ years in advance - definitely not paying in advance.
*More travel in U.S. where diving may not be a priority.

After 2 trips to Hawaii in 2019, we had decided we probably wouldn't go there again, but now, both my wife and I think it looks pretty good again!

It is interesting to me how many folks on in the USA have indicated they will resume domestic travel much sooner than international travel. Right now the USA is the most infected nation on earth in terms of raw numbers. The US traveler presents a greater risk to others in the world than the other way around.

I have observed a great decrease in social distancing an precautions in my local area over the last week, appears large groups of US citizens just don't care, in the grocery store I see about 20% of the patrons not wearing masks. All this makes us even more dangerous to ourselves and the world.

I will likely make it down to Florida sometime this month. I will fly down, have my own home. The operators I use appear to be starting up, taking reasonable measures

My wife and I had a trip to Bonaire April 3-17, haven't rescheduled it yet, thinking of fall. I have a trip to Malpelo at the end of June that has not been cancelled yet, most certainly, will and will be rescheduled for summer 2021

Understand the irony of US travelers' preference for domestic first. One factor I consider is distance traveled. Indonesia, Fiji, Australia are several flights, several connections including busy airports, 20 or more hours door to door. Frankly, Hawaii falls into that same bucket for us...14 hours door to door.
If I am going to get sick, I would rather be in my home country not on a lob.
Also, so long as virus conditions make masks and gloves on planes planes a thing, that does not seem very appealing travel conditions.
Fortunately not traveling reduces our income slightly but not much. We hope vaccines and treatments come soon enough that we are still spry enough to go

Tomorrow we have a first non curfewed weekend. So local lake is on the top of the list.

Next weekend, a nice mountain lake.
And hopefully next moth is Greece.

As an op I would not expect to be making money for many months after tourism opens up. There just might not be enough guests to cover costs including insurance, WPs, TBL, pension, health care, dock fees etc. Not looking good.

As soon as Mexico opens restrictions, I'm headed down to my home and boat in San Carlos, Sonora. No sense going while the bars are closed. I'm also booked on a trip in mid-September to Indonesia and am expecting to be able to go.

Strictly my opinion, but until there is a vaccine or truly effective treatment, things will ebb and flow in waves and nonessential international travel will off the table.

I hope to get to Bali (domestic travel for me) between August and October... but I will not be surprised if that doesn't happen.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom