Compressor identification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, this was found in a volunteer fire station and only has less then 60 hours on it. How do you define 10,000 cycles? And where can I get my hands on a seperator?

Yeah, this was found in a volunteer fire station and only has less then 60 hours on it. How do you define 10,000 cycles? And where can I get my hands on a seperator?
Depends on the autodrain timer. Mine used to cycle every 10 minutes, so 60 hours would be 360 cycles?

60 hours? Don’t mess with replacing it. If the hour meter works.

The separator is the tube to the left with the blue label on it.

A cycle is defined as running the compressor up to max pressure and then dropping the pressure down to near 0. If your compressor automatically dumps the water every 15 minutes while filling tanks to max pressure that would work out to be 4 cycles per hour. Of course cycles between 2000psi and 0psi shouldn't count as much as full cycles since the aluminum is being stressed less.
With a total of 60 hrs on the clock, neither the separator or filter housing have seen any significant use. It's a good time to think about replacements when you get up around 2500 hrs, but many a dive store doesn't and almost all of them live happily ever after.

Michael

Going by the first stage, it's a Mariner as it has a valve plate and no valve plugs coming out of the top of the head like the Utilus and Capitano have.

These compressors came fitted with a P1 which has been replaced with an aftermarket final oil and water separator ( black unit in front of the compressor ) so you are good to go.

The actual gold filter tower of the compressor can be seen to the left of the silver intermediate separator with the blue label on it .

You might be correct, it is similar to this: Bauer mariner compressor for sale

According to the fire station, this was serviced every year until CSA introduced new regulation and this meant they could no longer use it? Any ideas?

is this up for sale or is this just an ID issue. If for sale or where is it if in the US.

It's old, but in great condition. Depending on what it is:
as a Utilus I @$1500
as a Capitano @$2500
As a Mariner @$3500
add $500 if it has electrically controlled water dumps.

Just my opinion, what I feel would be a fair deal in my local market, if I wanted another used compressor, with no knowledge of your local market which is either higher or lower than mine.

Here is a better picture.. Still cannot find the block that says what it is, but it was purchased in 2014.

Attachments

• IMG_20200530_0752262.jpg
    IMG_20200530_0752262.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 94
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom