Atomic Aquatics Mask Options

Which out of the two?

• Venom ARC

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Subframe ARC

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have both an Atomic Arc and an Atomic Venom and they both have leaking issues. Another thing is I seem to have a weird face and after diving a while with both of these masks I get a nice red spot between my eyes on my forehead that gets tender. Going back to the drawing board to keep trying. Next experiment will be the 29$ DGX.

I have both an Atomic Arc and an Atomic Venom and they both have leaking issues. Another thing is I seem to have a weird face and after diving a while with both of these masks I get a nice red spot between my eyes on my forehead that gets tender. Going back to the drawing board to keep trying. Next experiment will be the 29$ DGX.
Maybe try loosening the mask and see if that helps.

I have a venom which is a replacement from Atomic for the original which would not stop fogging up no matter what I did. After calling them they admitted that they had some type of problem with some of them and sent me a new one. I guess it is a plus that they replaced it, but I have never had that much trouble with a mask before. It is OK but I like large Frameless that I got later better than the Venom. It is just more comfortable for me and has a wider field of vision. My go to mask is still a TUSA Freedom HD.

I had a Venom ARC and sold it. It leaked too much on my face.

I currently own an Atomic Frameless (1st gen), Atomic Subframe ARC, and Atomic Venom Frameless (with the Gummi-Soft skirt, as they say).

The Subframe ARC seems to leak the least of them all, on me.

I compared the ARC coating to a non-ARC mask by putting each mask on in my kitchen and looking up towards the overhead light until I found an angle where the flourescent light reflected off my face and I could see the reflection of the bulb on the inside of the lens. The ARC coating did give an easily noticeable reduction in the brightness of that reflection. So, I believe ARC does work. But, only you can decide of the fairly small difference it makes is worth the extra money.

I also have at least 8 other masks.

I am going to give all the Atomics another dive or two, but I suspect they're all going to prove unfit (for my face).

My current top contenders (for fitting me, so they don't leak) are:

Deep6 Gear Signature Deep 6 Signature Black Mask
Hollis M-1 M-1 MASK - Hollis
Dive Gear Express Ultra View DGX Ultra View Frameless Mask | Dive Gear Express®
Mako Spearguns Minimus https://www.makospearguns.com/Minimus-Mini-Freedive-Mask-p/mmm.htm

Especially you just want it as a backup, I would really look at the Deep6, the DGX Ultra View, or the Mako Mini.

I really can't see spending the redonkulous money for any Atomic, just to have it ride around in your pocket 99.9% of the time.

Back
Top Bottom