RIX Industries. Model SA-6 Discontinued and Replacement Project.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK. Been a while. Any word on the new SA pumps or micro boost mods Iain? My buddy has accumulated (2) diesel SA6, (1) electric, and (1) gas. Im in the market for a SA3 pump to build out here. And would be nice to know how parts availability will look moving forward. Thanks

@Aquanomad last I talked to Rix, they aren't bring the SA6 back. Market is saturated and not enough demand. All parts are fully available since they're all basically custom machined or standard off the shelf items.
Haven't heard about microboost replacement in the last 6 months, but last we talked it was end of this year.

Yah. Aware of that. But RIX US is only good for parts through '22. And it was mentioned many improvement wre being made overseas to the line and potential for US consumers to obtain pumps. Id like a new SA3 but it's it's tough getting info from Iain in a reasonable time frame. I saw he posted today on the Micro Boost. But not to my PM or post here. Trying to make decision on future planning for parts and support. Looks grim imo.

Yah. Aware of that. But RIX US is only good for parts through '22. And it was mentioned many improvement wre being made overseas to the line and potential for US consumers to obtain pumps. Id like a new SA3 but it's it's tough getting info from Iain in a reasonable time frame. I saw he posted today on the Micro Boost. But not to my PM or post here. Trying to make decision on future planning for parts and support. Looks grim imo.

why a 3 vs a 6?

Have 6s. 3s a little more portable, 110v, ccr dil top offs, and slow fill pp blend top ups. Just got a OCA filter stack. Told it works best at ~3cfm. And always liked my RIX. Had a few 3's in the past. Getting harder to find. Plenty 6s floating around. Dont think I'm gonna worry about it much though. If one comes to market cheap I'll buy it and load up on parts.

Have 6s. 3s a little more portable, 110v, ccr dil top offs, and slow fill pp blend top ups. Just got a OCA filter stack. Told it works best at ~3cfm. And always liked my RIX. Had a few 3's in the past. Getting harder to find. Plenty 6s floating around. Dont think I'm gonna worry about it much though. If one comes to market cheap I'll buy it and load up on parts.

if you want 110v, the 6 can be made 110v. Pulley changes to cut the RPM in half and a 110v motor and you have a 3cfm SA6... Doesn't change the size, and doesn't reduce the weight much, but that's what I'm doing with mine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom