Where should I live in Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

North of Vero.South of Fernandina. West of Daytona. East of Ocala.

Cost of living is better. Crowds are smaller.

As well as great local diving it is central to diving anywhere from the Carolinas to the Keys, the springs and caves.

Central to other activities. Great hospitals in the area.

Until I read this thread I thought I wanted to live in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea. I do love vacationing there and often thought it would be a nice place to live as I'm now retired. Easy shore diving, not far from decent boat diving, a stones throw from the Keys. Not far from MIA.
And, what do you think now?

The only place in FL I would live is the panhandle. Pensacola or thereabouts.
I have friends who live up near panama city beach and love it.

cheap to live there, weather is ok.

for me it is to close to alabama etc. . .

I wouldn't.

Live somewhere else and travel to Florida if you want to.

Its over rated.

Ouch. We like it here.

I have friends who live up near panama city beach and love it.

cheap to live there, weather is ok.

for me it is to close to alabama etc. . .

Panhandle??

Nope. Not my vote

Ouch. We like it here.
Its not a bad place to live.

There are just many places that I think would be better to live :D

Especially if you can afford to travel here on occasion.

Until I read this thread I thought I wanted to live in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea. I do love vacationing there and often thought it would be a nice place to live as I'm now retired. Easy shore diving, not far from decent boat diving, a stones throw from the Keys. Not far from MIA.

I would vote for that place.

Just depends on what you like overall. I hate Disney and all the I-4 traffic. Orlando is a concrete oven in the summer. Lived in Gainesville, spent lots of time in St Augustine; lived in Tampa; Lake City (yikes!); and now SE Fla. The water is beautiful here; I prefer the politics here; and if I did not live here I’d vote for St. Pete.

Ouch. We like it here.

Many of us do. But we can't all like the same.

I don't mean to sell the side of Florida I like. I've lived in my share of places and my corner of SE Florida is my favorite, but wouldn't bother me if every person moving to Florida goes north of I-4, even better if they stay within the panhandle.
Less people to wrestle on the highway when I have to escape a hurricane.

I try to avoid areas of FL where they still have Piggly Wiggly grocery stores. I can't understand half of what people say up there. And I'm redneck.

I have several years worth of stories about that from my time in Panama City Beach... on top of that I would be told that "I speak funny"

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom