My AN/DP/Helitrox course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry to hear about the job loss, too much of that right now

Sorry to hear about the job loss, too much of that right now

Yah, sucks. At least the $600/week additional unemployment from the feds (through the end of July) is happening. Otherwise the $484 a week I'd get from IL would cover my rent and part of car payment. That's it.

I’m not a fan of bulky undergarments as well. I use the MK2 with the MK0 and would never go thicker than that.
Good luck with the Arctic. I heard it’s great and not bulky at all.

the problem with depending on a heated thermals to keep you warm is that if they crap out when you are going into deco COULD be life threating if you have wracked up significant deco obligation , and have to decide between hypothermia and breaking deco , just something to think about , just as having full faith in you dry suit integrity....jm2c

my wife had the same problem with the arctic one piece. She ended up going with the two piece option and hasn't had any issues with it riding up or whatnot in her drysuit. Not sure if that's an option for you but it allowed her to mix and match.

my wife had the same problem with the arctic one piece. She ended up going with the two piece option and hasn't had any issues with it riding up or whatnot in her drysuit. Not sure if that's an option for you but it allowed her to mix and match.

I did exactly the same thing. My drysuit was purchased used and is just a *bit* too short: too much undergarment and I can't reach my valves, and my (really warm!) one-piece thinsulate suit is just a bit too much. I ended up going with a Fourth Element Arctic set from @BoneCrusher at MichiganDiver.com. I mixed XL top with L bottoms to get the least-bulky fit.

There is no slack with my undergarments, which is exactly what I needed. I too was worried about bunching and movement, but it hasn't been a problem, even after a day of valve drills (you know, in a fundies class... :wink: ). They keep me warm *enough*, while still being thin enough. And I think the two piece nature allows more freedom of movement.

If the Arctic works out, I will be BUYING the Arctic two piece. For the loaner to try it out, I have no choice. One piece only.

Just get Canadian undergarments. You will always be warm.
You can purchase those here

the problem with depending on a heated thermals to keep you warm is that if they crap out when you are going into deco COULD be life threating if you have wracked up significant deco obligation , and have to decide between hypothermia and breaking deco , just something to think about , just as having full faith in you dry suit integrity....jm2c

Agreed. I would have been using it in addition to whatever regular thermals I had, not as a replacement. The Fourth Element X-Core vest is instead of a heated vest. I know locals who've used it and said it's very warm.

X-Core - Fourth Element

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom