My AN/DP/Helitrox course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've got the x-core vest. Doesn't look like much, but works great.

Excellent! Did you have to add any additional weight? I've heard different things about that.

Excellent! Did you have to add any additional weight? I've heard different things about that.

It's really going to be a very personal thing. For example I'm nice and fluffy already, so when I go from the xerotherm to the arctic I see no change in buoyancy. My wife is very different. And it goes for any of the new pieces you may add. The good thing is the Fourth Element is by far the most flexible, comfortable undergarments, and they do a good job of not making them so crazy lofty that the buoyancy shifts are nearly as dramatic as other brands.

You're lucky. I wish we had a demo center here.

I would guess slightly. I'm a newish drysuit diver, so still working out the undergarment options. I will say it definitely made a difference in warmth combined with our current use of whatever is lying around the house. (That will change soon, though.) Helped with the "squeeze" on the core.

It's really going to be a very personal thing. For example I'm nice and fluffy already, so when I go from the xerotherm to the arctic I see no change in buoyancy. My wife is very different. And it goes for any of the new pieces you may add. The good thing is the Fourth Element is by far the most flexible, comfortable undergarments, and they do a good job of not making them so crazy lofty that the buoyancy shifts are nearly as dramatic as other brands.

You're lucky. I wish we had a demo center here.

I was only referring to the X-Core vest. I've heard from several people they had to add some additional weight. I'm fluffy myself, so I'm not expecting to add any weight. The Thermal Fusion is definitely fluffy.

I was only referring to the X-Core vest. I've heard from several people they had to add some additional weight. I'm fluffy myself, so I'm not expecting to add any weight. The Thermal Fusion is definitely fluffy.

I understood that. Those were just my personal examples. I haven't personally used the x-core but have heard from people that have that it's the same thing. Some people need more weight some don't. There's a very good chance, especially with steel doubles that you won't

I understood that. Those were just my personal examples. I haven't personally used the x-core but have heard from people that have that it's the same thing. Some people need more weight some don't. There's a very good chance, especially with steel doubles that you won't

I'm actually already carrying additional weight with my doubles, although I did take off 4lbs over the weekend dives.

your mileage may vary but... i have an x-core vest, a halo3d, and a one piece arctic. 75% of my diving I'm in the x-core and halo3d. When I remove the x-core I don't feel any changes to buoyancy. I don't need weight in steel doubles in that configuration though I usually had a small tailweight when using double 117s to help keep them tamed.

I'd say I'm of average fluff. If I try to equate the halo3d to additional fluffiness then I'd guess the buoyancy change with an x-core wouldn't be significant enough that you'd have to add additional weight.

Just came home with a second Perdix. I decided to splurge. :D Put my original computer up for sale. Have MOD stickers (@kensuf will be happy). I'll be only using 50% - that's what pretty much everyone I know dives for single deco bottle dives. O2 analyzer on order (shop didn't have it in stock). Got my suit bottle filled (air) as I'll be diving with that for the first time.

Two SM students and another doubles student besides me for this weekend. Really looking forward to it.

:D

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom