Quiz - Visual Inspection Procedure - True/False 1

Question 1: Air released from a cylinder is harmless.

• True

• False

Results are only viewable after voting.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I remember this one time, some air reached out and tried to choke me.

Not all air is harmless. The tank may have been filled with a bad compressor and has CO or other contaminants.

Nothing is perfectly safe, you have to take into account all the people that might be in that situation. I was tempted to make this a political comment, but decided not to do so.

The issue at hand has nothing to do with the quality of air in the tank.
I would argue that it is. The question asks if the air which was released from the tank is harmless. The question can be interpreted in two ways. Is the quality of air good enough to be harmless? Or is the way you release the air would be harmless to a person releasing it...

I would argue that it is. The question asks if the air which was released from the tank is harmless. The question can be interpreted in two ways. Is the quality of air good enough to be harmless? Or is the way you release the air would be harmless to a person releasing it...

Well, let's try it this way:

Does the air being chemically harmful matter to the answer of the question?

Obviously, if the gas itself is chemically harmful, you have two issues; the gas itself is harmful and the pressurized release is an embolism risk. Therefore, it isn't harmless.

If the gas itself isn't chemically harmful, you only have one issue... the embolism risk from the pressurized release. Therefore, it isn't harmless.

The makeup of the gas doesn't matter. In either situation, the answer is false.

If you choose to ignore the pressurized release of the question, you're stating that the question being asked is "is air that was released from a tank a while ago harmful now that it's mixed into the environment?"

That's a much bigger stretch, at least to me, than assuming that "air released" means "air in the process of being released".

Who filled my cylinder with air? !@#$%^' stroke

Normally, I'd feel pretty good about being in the 15% of the people who got this right.

But when the 85% contains so many people with vastly more knowledge and experience than I have, I'm not so sure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom