When will Coz re-open?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This thing could go away as fast as it started.
While I cannot rule that completely out as impossible, I think the odds of that happy outcome are vanishingly small. Hope springs eternal, I guess.
As I mentioned in a prior post - first SARS and MERS after initial wave never became a major problem , even if you believe that they did not completely go away.
What I believe is inconsequential; I posted links from the World Health Organization about them both a couple of pages back. MERS is still around, and SARS, though absent from human populations at the moment, still exists in some animals. They are both more easily contained because they aren't nearly as human-to-human contagious as this one is.

a friend of mine that lives on the island says they are restricted to 5 AM to 4 PM.

i posted somewhere on here that sun country canceled our flight June 7-14. when you look at SCs schedule, they gave no flights from DFW to CZM in June. 1st available is July 5.

So, I called AA today and they are flying daily in/out of DFW, including today... Iplaced a hold on my original date 6/7...

Question I have is - WILL THE DIVE BOATS BE RUNNING IN JUNE?

There is this:

Steven Mnuchin, the US Treasury secretary, said it was “too hard to tell” if the US will loosen international travel restrictions affecting Asia and Europe this year, even as measures limiting domestic economic activity are lifted.

The failure to lift those bans throughout the summer months would mark a further blow to the global travel and hospitality sector.

Asked on Fox Business if international travel would be “opened up this year”, Mr Mnuchin said: “Too hard to tell at this point. I hope down the road it is . . . Our priority is opening up the domestic economy.”

He then added: “Obviously, for business people that do need to travel, there will be travel on a limited basis. But this is a great time for people to explore America.”

US Travel Ban May Last Until 2021?

I'm not hopefully Canadian officials will let us out either.

So, I called AA today and they are flying daily in/out of DFW, including today... Iplaced a hold on my original date 6/7...

Question I have is - WILL THE DIVE BOATS BE RUNNING IN JUNE?
OK, I suppose I should weigh in with my guess...

It seems pretty likely that things will start to open up around June 1st, however I suspect that diving will not restart immediately. Mexico will likely take the phased approach to reopening that the USA is trying, and will have about one month of watching the USA's results. Delta resumes Saturday service to CZM in June, although SWA isn't scheduled to restart until August.

There will be a few logistics to work out; many workers from elsewhere in Mexico went back home when everything shut down and would need to return. But QRoo already has an ad campaign planned, Tourism Council announces reopening of Cancun, Riviera Maya travel for June - Riviera Maya News, and everyone seems to be pinning their hopes on the estimates that the virus will be gone by the end of June. I suspect we'll see the navy direct the port captains to reopen the ports by mid-June, so I'll put my $.02 on 20-June for resumption of diving. And by that I mean that you will be able to book starting June 1st, but for a trip no earlier than June 20th.

OK, I suppose I should weigh in with my guess...

It seems pretty likely that things will start to open up around June 1st, however I suspect that diving will not restart immediately. Mexico will likely take the phased approach to reopening that the USA is trying, and will have about one month of watching the USA's results. Delta resumes Saturday service to CZM in June, although SWA isn't scheduled to restart until August.

There will be a few logistics to work out; many workers from elsewhere in Mexico went back home when everything shut down and would need to return. But QRoo already has an ad campaign planned, Tourism Council announces reopening of Cancun, Riviera Maya travel for June - Riviera Maya News, and everyone seems to be pinning their hopes on the estimates that the virus will be gone by the end of June. I suspect we'll see the navy direct the port captains to reopen the ports by mid-June, so I'll put my $.02 on 20-June for resumption of diving. And by that I mean that you will be able to book starting June 1st, but for a trip no earlier than June 20th.
Anybody want to place a wager on the virus being gone by June?

I was told (not in charge anymore) that Aldora has plans to be able to open June 1, even if it is serving just 1 diver.

Disinfecting procedures and rational spacing is being implemented, and will be applied as the number of divers increase. For example, on their fast 40 for boat they may limit it to 6 divers and the smaller ones at 4 divers. As testing becomes more available all staff will be tested weekly. Check with them for details.

Dave Dillehay
Being able to open and being open aren't quite the same thing. I'm not certain how much dive shops have been allowed to work on any maintenance issues during the prohibition on non-essential activities, so depending on when that restriction is limited, I can imagine there's a little work to do, but I'm sure all the shops would try to address that quickly.

The critical path item for diving is reopening the ports. Once that happens, it will be great for people living here, but how many people are going to book flights until they are certain they have a hotel and a dive shop that will take them? Airlines are still in the "anything less than three weeks in advance is an expensive ticket" mode. That's another reason I'm thinking it's going to be around 20-June before things start really picking back up.

I would like to be on the flight down 1 day prior to the port opening. Co-work has already agreed to swaps and I will support his fishing at lake Texoma this month, if needed I told my manager today I may need some personnel time in early June.

I would like to be on the flight down 1 day prior to the port opening. Co-work has already agreed to swaps and I will support his fishing at lake Texoma this month, if needed I told my manager today I may need some personnel time in early June.
Jump on it!

dfw-to-czm.jpg

Anybody want to place a wager on the virus being gone by June?
Lol....there’s a fool born every minute.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom