Quiz - Recreational Dive Planner™ - Max Depth

A diver completes a 28m/86ft for 19 minutes. After a 58 minute surface interval, he/she wants to mak

• a. Metric 20 m - Imperial 70 ft

• b. Metric 14 m - Imperial 40 ft

• c. Metric 16 m - Imperial 50 ft

• d. Metric 18 m - Imperial 60 ft

Results are only viewable after voting.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pedro Burrito

Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
From the Recreational Dive Planner section of the PADI Dive Theory Exam. You will need your RDP™ to answer this question. You will get different results if you use metric or imperial!

A diver completes a 28m/86ft for 19 minutes. After a 58 minute surface interval, he/she wants to make another dive - what is the maximum allowable depth he may attain on this second dive for 35 minutes?

a. Metric 20 m - Imperial 70 ft

b. Metric 14 m - Imperial 40 ft

c. Metric 16 m - Imperial 50 ft

d. Metric 18 m - Imperial 60 ft

I will post a daily question from my exams to help newer divers and to encourage more experienced divers to interact gracefully and helpfully with the newer divers.

Reminder - this is a post in the Basic Forum and it is a green zone. Please be nice and on topic.

Cute question. NOW Table 3 is helpful!

Look mom, no math!

Another great implementation/application of the Wheel... :happywave:

I thought it was intuitive. My question is why would you need a problem like this unless it was for a quiz?

Cheers - M²

I thought it was intuitive. My question is why would you need a problem like this unless it was for a quiz?

Cheers - M²
The obvious answer is somebody wants to know how deep he/she can go for a second dive of 35 minutes. I'd probably do it the other way-- "My 2nd dive will be to ___ feet (that's where the wreck is). How long can I stay down?" -- don't care if it's for 35 minutes or whatever.

This question reveals a different understanding of the tables.
As I said, it's for quiz purposes.

The obvious answer is somebody wants to know how deep he/she can go for a second dive of 35 minutes. I'd probably do it the other way-- "My 2nd dive will be to ___ feet (that's where the wreck is). How long can I stay down?" -- don't care if it's for 35 minutes or whatever.
I agree. That was an earlier question. It makes sense. The only reason other than a quiz is if someone needs 35 minutes of bottom time to reach some goal. :)

Cheers,

As I said, it's for quiz purposes.

I agree. That was an earlier question. It makes sense. The only reason other than a quiz is if someone needs 35 minutes of bottom time to reach some goal. :)

Cheers,
Yeah I figured something like that. Or in 35 minutes he had to leave and be somewhere....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom