Quiz - Recreational Dive Planner™ - Total Minutes

A diver plans to do three dives using minimum surface intervals. See question on Post 1

• a. Metric 278 minutes - Imperial 240 minutes

• b. Metric 269 minutes - Imperial 231 minutes

• c. Metric 262 minutes - Imperial 229 minutes

• d. Metric 253 minutes - Imperial 220 minutes

Results are only viewable after voting.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pedro Burrito

Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
From the Recreational Dive Planner section of the PADI Dive Theory Exam. You will need your RDP™ to answer this question. You will get different results if you use metric or imperial!

A diver plans to do three dives using minimum surface intervals. The planned profiles are: 12m/40ft for 92 minutes, 33m/108ft for 13 minutes and 16m/50ft for 54 minutes. Arrange the dives in the appropriated order and calculate how many total minutes it will take to complete from descent of the first dive to surfacing on the last dive (you may ignore ascent time, but not required safety stop time.)

a. Metric 278 minutes - Imperial 240 minutes

b. Metric 269 minutes - Imperial 231 minutes

c. Metric 262 minutes - Imperial 229 minutes

d. Metric 253 minutes - Imperial 220 minutes

I will post a daily question from my exams to help newer divers and to encourage more experienced divers to interact gracefully and helpfully with the newer divers.

Reminder - this is a post in the Basic Forum and it is a green zone. Please be nice and on topic.

I've got 7 questions that use the ERDPml. Should I post them next or go on to other questions?

other questions, rescue scenarios might generate some interesting discussions, the discussions are the most fun part of the quiz..

If I could, I would change my answer to D based on reworking the charts (and a math error).

Grrrr - didn't remember to add in the safety stops.......

I've got 7 questions that use the ERDPml. Should I post them next or go on to other questions?
I do not have the ERDPml, I would prefer you skip these and go onto something else, so that I can participate. What else could I do with my time each morning while drinking my coffee? :)

What is the current version of the RDP? What are the differences to v1.2? Which version is this quiz based on? I just noticed that my table shows 60min/ft ascent rate and I'm wondering if there are any other differences that apply to this question?

What is the current version of the RDP? What are the differences to v1.2? Which version is this quiz based on? I just noticed that my table shows 60min/ft ascent rate and I'm wondering if there are any other differences that apply to this question?
The RDP was developed with a maximum ascent rate of 60 ft/min, that has always been, and will be, the rate used for these tables. The ascent time is not used in today's question, as per the instructions by @Pedro Burrito

Thanks @Mike1967

I went from USN tables to RDP tables to computer. Never used the Wheel, eRDP or eRDPml. As I would never use these, have no particular interest in learning them now. I will participate in whatever the majority chooses here. :)

my table shows 60min/ft ascent rate
I think you need to carry more gas or stay relatively shallow. That's really conservative. :D

Cheers,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom