Sangeang Island Dive Highlights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bob Griffin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello, all. Like so many, I'm homebound and bored so I thought I'd post another video. This one is from Sangeang Island - in Indonesia just west of Komodo

bravo, very good video. Could you share where you were? Is it LB or resort and if resort can you tell the name thanks and keep posting those great videos

bravo, very good video. Could you share where you were? Is it LB or resort and if resort can you tell the name thanks and keep posting those great videos
Hi - thanks for reaching out. We were on a live aboard - Gaia Love - really fantastic boat. They sail Komodo in the summer - Sangeang Island was at the tail end of one of the Komodo cruises.

bravo, very good video. Could you share where you were? Is it LB or resort and if resort can you tell the name
FYI Kalimaya Resort located on the eastern tip of Sumbawa provides diving around Sangeang, sea and weather conditions permitting (around 50 min speedboat ride).
Stayed there 2 years ago, very good bungalows, nice food, there is also great coral diving around Sangeang, Gili Banta or Western Komodo.

Sunrise on Komodo viewed from a Kalimaya resort bungalow
44642888271_6c3686ea29_c.jpg

Gili Banta seascape

30772914348_478ae19e64_c.jpg

Arriving to smokin' Sangeang :

29704798857_a9b2c0f0cb_c.jpg

Traditional sailing race in a Sangeang village :

43924146144_d121bde95d_c.jpg

Sangeang Bubbles reef, one of my top 5 favorite dive spots

43783320245_d867536d5b_c.jpg

https://flic.kr/p/2b1Wtmc
43783319945_f6ce39bd2a_c.jpg

https://flic.kr/p/2b1Wtmc
43783319765_1f0717f6d5_c.jpg

FYI Kalimaya Resort located on the eastern tip of Sumbawa provides diving around Sangeang, sea and weather conditions permitting (around 50 min speedboat ride).
Stayed there 2 years ago, very good bungalows, nice food, there is also great coral diving around Sangeang, Gili Banta or Western Komodo.

Sunrise on Komodo viewed from a Kalimaya resort bungalow
View attachment 585524

Gili Banta seascape
View attachment 585525

Arriving to smokin' Sangeang :

View attachment 585526

Traditional sailing race in a Sangeang village :

View attachment 585527

Sangeang Bubbles reef, one of my top 5 favorite dive spots

View attachment 585528
View attachment 585529
View attachment 585530
Really gorgeous photos - thanks for sharing. I love those dive sites at Sangeang.

Stayed in October 17 at Kalimaya. Here is the report
Kalimaya - East Sumbawa - Trip Report

Loved Sangeang a lot although we just went there one day due to strong winds and swell. This conditions went on for several day, so that the best spots at west coast of Komodo and the little islands in the strait were as well difficult to reach.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom