FYI: Country Covid-19 infection statistics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A very interesting “Frequently Asked Questions” which amounted to a general disclaimer, arguably a reversal/denial of the implied suggestion provided by a mere casual look at the graphics.

Everybody will look at the pictures....but will anyone read the instructions?

There is much to analyze beyond the attractive graphics.

For a company involved in the business of providing statistics, this is an unusual presentation.

A very interesting “Frequently Asked Questions” which amounted to a general disclaimer, arguably a reversal/denial of the implied suggestion provided by a mere casual look at the graphics.

Everybody will look at the pictures....but will anyone read the instructions?

There is much to analyze beyond the attractive graphics.

For a company involved in the business of providing statistics, this is an unusual presentation.
This faq FAQ — EndCoronavirus.org ? What in there takes away from the visualisations?

What company?

Ummm, no. Those you linked are a different FAQ.

I referred above to the FAQ supplied for the graphics, the FAQ right there on the same page as the graphics.

In the FAQ that explained the Graphics, there included a tortured reasoning for the very fluid and undefined parameter of the vertical axis.

In one part of the page on the graphics FAQ,

He provides a dumbed-down explanation of why the VERTICAL AXIS is fluid and totally not in ANY scale....

These plots are adjusted for each country in order to better show the data. The vertical axis is plotted in arbitrary units, in order to easily compare the shapes of the curves.

....and in the same paragraph, a little editorializing thrown in....

As you can see from the countries which have been successful in fighting COVID-19, it only takes about 5-7 weeks of strong interventions to get rid of the majority of cases. The data show that taking half-measures does not work.

I’m not faulting anything other than the very fine print explaining why the presentation had been dumbed-down for us mere mortals to understand his conclusions as he intended.

I myself do not know “the truth”, But I do know that in life, most everybody is selling something.

and
Statistics don’t lie, but _____ _____ ________.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom